chapter four: your happiness

Start from the beginning

She smiled back, "Secret, huh? What if I have an allergy of its ingredients?"

"Do you? If you do, I'm sorry-"

Chaeyoung shook her head, "I'm just joking."

She did have an allergy to avocado but it was not due to health reasons and she had eaten something with it from the cafe so...

"I can eat anything.", she told him.

"You sure? Because if you have any food allergy, you should let me know. I won't let you eat something you can't eat.", he sounded concerned.

Chaeyoung nodded a few times, assuring him of it.

"Okay, then. Is this good for you? If you want something else, you can tell me. This is just my suggestion for you anyway.", he said.

"Yeah, this is good. What you suggest must be good, right?", she replied to him.

He smiled in return, "Eat here or take away?"

"Take away, please."

He nodded before proceeding to prepare the sandwich into its packaging. While waiting for it, Chaeyoung could not keep her eyes away from her car that she parked in front of the cafe. Jungkook noticed the way she looked at it as he was preparing her sandwich.

"It's ready, Ms Park.", he stated, gaining her attention again.

"Oh, okay. How much is it?", she asked.

With a gentle gesture, Jungkook pointed at the amount shown on the cash register.

"Here you go.", Chaeyoung gave him the money for the sandwich.

While giving her the balance, he asked if she was okay as she looked a bit tensed.

"I'm great. It's just...I just adopted a puppy.", she was trying to keep it to herself but she could not handle it when someone was attentive to her.

Jungkook looked slightly surprised to hear it, "That's cool."

His reaction was genuine in a good way and it put her at ease to share more with him.

"Yeah, and he's in the car right now. It's his first time going out of the house so I'm a bit worried about leaving him alone.", she told him.

"Oh, I see. How old is the little guy?", Jungkook asked.

"He's six months. His name is Hank. And he has a very happy tail.", she smiled as she answered him more than he asked.

Jungkook laughed softly, looking at how happy Chaeyoung was as she spoke about her new puppy.

"And I guess he's the reason you're busy at home?", he asked her.

While covering her mouth, she admitted, "He's so small and before I adopted him, he was sick and just recovered so it took time for him to create a bond with me."

Jungkook nodded, "I understand the feeling. Bam was pretty similar when I first adopted him."

"Oh, speaking of Bam, how old is he?", Chaeyoung asked.

"Just a month older than yours.", he answered.

"Really? Then, Hank can be his friend. They're almost the same age.", Chaeyoung said excitedly.

Her reaction almost made Jungkook flinch.

"Yeah, and if you need any help about puppies, I can help you too, Ms Park.", he said to her.

She nodded with a smile before her phone began to ring, "Oh, it's time."

"It's time?"

"I set a 15-minute timer to leave Hank. I should go now. I see you next time, Mr Jeon.", Chaeyoung said as she hurriedly picked up the sandwich.