Chapter Two : The Fall of Cintra

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

No mercy was shown to the citizens of Cintra; screams erupted in the air as the city was torched with flames. Valerievna and Cirlla were standing in the courtyard evacuating the last people from the castle on Darkax, Goldfyre, and Wildnite, people trembling in fear as they watched their city torched with fire. The Nilfgaardians showed no leniency towards any of the citizens, instead drawing their swords to cut through them as sacks of meat.

Valereivna signaled for the people to continue moving, pushing them towards her children, trying to calm their fears as they hesitated to get near them. " Don't fret; my children will bring no harm to you."

Martin and Asmund, who were among the panicked crowd, scoffed at her words. "No offense, your Grace; but your children are vicious fire-breathing killing machines."

"How do we know you're not sending us to an ashy smoke grave? "Asmund commented, darting his eyes at her hawkishly.

The young dragoness rolled her eyes at the boy. "Would you rather stick around here and have your insides cut open by the Nilfgaardians? " She asked.

His eyes widened in fear, his hands quivered in fear. " No, I was merely asking cautiously, Princess."

" Well, stop acting like a little yellow belly and get with the program." She hissed. " In about a few moments, the Nifggardians are going to break through these castle walls."

" So, you can trust my word or stay behind with the Nilfgaardians." Valereivna challenged, raising her eyebrow at the Northern boy.

Asmund shook his head, rambling out a reply. " I trust the flight comes with some safety preparations."

" Don't worry Asmund, you'll be fine." Cirilla reassured him, gently pushing him in front of Goldfyre." Just try not to freak out much and don't tickle them, Dragons tend to have sensitive skin.

Asumund's eyes widened in fear, but he climbed aboard Goldfyre. Martin followed after his brother's climbing aboard.

"Nordic blessings on you, your Grace," a servant woman said, bowing her head gracefully towards the Princess for her gratuity.

Once everyone was seated aboard, Valerivena stepped toward her children, gazing at them softly. "Copii mei, trebuie să zburați acum, luați-i în siguranță. Voi fi chiar în spatele vostru, micuții mei. fii discret." Darkax, Goldfyre, and Wildnite let out loud screeches, heading their mother's words, taking off the skies swooping up towards the cloud, blending in with the smoke in the air.

( My children, you must fly now, take them safely. I'm going to be right behind you, my little ones. Be discreet.)

Once they were out of sight, Valerievna and Cirilla rushed back inside the castle and headed toward their grandmother's chambers, ignoring the loud battle cries from outside.