【Chapter 2】

"Darling. Once again, it's fine! It's not like anyone is going to be coming in soon!"

I grimaced as I stared at the drawer of my uncle's desk, unsure if I should open it.

I tried to get a name out of the person who was talking in my mind, but they refused and said that they would introduce themselves in due time. Whatever that means, I'm not getting it anytime soon.

I also hate to admit that they were right about the part of anybody coming in and seeing me in my uncle's office. Especially since nobody else besides me was here. And I needed information on the situation if I were to prevent the future from happening.

I also hate to rely on them since I don't have any means to trust them yet. The only thing going for me right now is the fact that they know about the dream I had back when I was 13.

"Come on!!" The Voice urged. "Just, open the drawer and take out the file! Easy and simple!"

"Sure there will be "consequences" if we do everything right and prevent your uncle and his teammates from dying. But it's better that or wallowing in sorrow and grief if we don't do something now."

My brows furrowed as I dryly gulped and bit the inside of my bottom lip. Internally cursing at the voice for being right, hearing them let out a chuckle in response.

After a moment of hesitation, I took in a deep breath and leaned down to open the drawer to take out the file.

"Alright! Now, it should be the last file! And if you're worried that it isn't gonna be there, don't worry! It's there!"

Gulping again, I flipped through the files until I reached the last one and took it out. I set the tan file folder on the desk and stared at it for a moment. It was indeed the same one I saw earlier today. The same thin volume and everything.

I, of course, was worried about the file not being there. But thinking about it, my uncle wouldn't had the thought to bring any of the files with him on missions. It would just be an inconvenience and he would've already gotten the information he needed at the time. Paired along with the fact, that I never interfered with any of his business until now. In the past, I knew better than to go through his stuff.

Staring at it for a second longer, I opened it and saw the contents of the file. The photo was missing and there were only a few pieces of paper in there.

Notes.

Taking one of the documents into my hand, I started to read through the contents of it. From what I know so far, the boss of Passione was very elusive. So elusive to the point that nobody knows his name or what he looks like. Along with the fact that any information about him is wiped clean.

And the fact that he's been underpaying my uncle and his teammates for the kills they have done is absolutely ridiculous! Sure, they are distrusted by everyone else in the organization, but that's the point! They're assassins! They're not supposed to be read like an open book! That is the main aspect of it! If you're easy to read, then you're dead! Is such a simple concept so hard to understand?! It's almost as if he can do their job single-handedly!!

Letting out an irritated huff, I continued to go over the contents of the document, my brows raising slightly as I read.

Apparently, the boss had a lover in the past by the name of Donatella Una and she had a daughter with him named, Trish. Shortly before her death, she began to search for the boss but failed. And by doing this, it alerted the boss and my uncle about the existence of Trish.

I can only assume that my uncle and the rest of the team are off searching for her and looking to interrogate her. But I knew that there would be no results. There was no way Trish would know about the whereabouts, hell, even who the hell her father was. With how elusive he is, there is no possible way. And with the searching Donatella tried to do, that means that he wasn't involved in their lives in the first place.