【Prologue】

It was inevitable...

"Ginevra, sweetie, this is your uncle, and you'll be staying with him for a while, ok?"

But I didn't expect it to be so soon...

"Ginevra"

Please don't...

"You know that mommy loves you, right?"

I do know, but-

I watched as she let go of my little hand, the look in her eyes showing pain while her face didn't. Her eye betray her.

With a forced smile on her face, she forced herself t wave as she entered her car and began to start it up.

I knew she was struggling.

I knew it for a long while.

I knew something like this would happen.

But...

I didn't want it to be so soon.

I still need you!

The very moment the car started to leave, I tried to go after it but stopped because I knew I could never keep up.

Standing where it was last, I watched as the rearview mirror was adjusted.

I watched as her head turned back, tears streaming down her face as her lips quivered.

I knew she had no choice.

I continued to watch until I couldn't see the car anymore.

I knew that this would happen, but I still couldn't fight back the tears.

My breathing began to become erratic, and my throat started to burn as I fought off the urge to sob.

It was painful.

I knew it was coming but I couldn't stop it, I couldn't stop the tears.

I was too caught up in my sorrow to notice the footsteps coming towards me, barely reacting when I was picked up in a pair of strong arms.

They were warm.

I clutched onto the fabric of the jacket of the man who was my uncle.

Not letting go...

-

Author's Note:

Try to guess the meaning of aloe...