✰𝗽𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿✰

Lacie sat comfortably in her bed, legs crossed and hands resting on her knees

Lacie sat comfortably in her bed, legs crossed and hands resting on her knees. The room was silent except for her slow, even breaths. Normally, the room would be filled with laughter and jokes, but Mason was at work so, Lacie relished in the silence. Her eyes flickered underneath her eyelids like they were watching a movie. And she was, in a way. She had decided to go back and relive her teen life again.

A memory was shown being her eyes, like a projector at a drive-in. It was she and Mason at sixteen, moping around their foster home with frowns plastered on their faces. The wounds of their parents were still fresh at the time.

Lacie smiled unconsciously despite the sad memory. And suddenly grinned as the memory changed to one that was a few weeks after the first one.

𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴, 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯, 𝘓𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘬𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘰𝘣𝘯𝘰𝘹𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘶𝘱, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘺. 𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦, 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴.

𝘓𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘺𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘈 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘵, 𝘓𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘦 𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘶𝘱.

A smile was plastered over her face, with dimples and smile lines on display. As a chuckle passed her lips, tears began running down her face. A sob escaped and she threw herself back onto her pillow, her plethora of braids spread out around her head and spilled over her shoulders and blanket. She didn't notice the front door opening or the loud voice of her brother. Not until he was rushing towards her wrapping his arms around her neck and hugging her close.

"Woah woah hey, what's going on Cece?" His voice whispered, concern lacing his words. But Lacie didn't need to hear his voice or see his face to know he was worried and slightly scared.

"I'm okay, I was just looking through memorized again. Reminiscing yknow?" Her voice was quiet and weak, cracking with every word as she shook in his arms. Ever since Lacie had learned how to watch memories it became a habit.

Lacie closed her eyes, a memory very similar to this moment flashing behind her eyes. It when their parents had died, right in front of their eyes.

𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳. 𝘈 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮, 𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘨𝘶𝘯, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘬𝘦, "𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯. 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥" 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘺, 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴.

𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘦. 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘣𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘓𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘮.

"𝘍𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶" 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘵, 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘧𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥. 𝘉𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘻𝘰𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 house.

A small smile spread onto her lips as she watched a young Mason hug and comfort a young Lacie.

"Okay, well why don't we just-" Mason's voice was cut off, overpowered by the sound of electricity crackling and the wind blowing harshly. A blue light flashed in Lacie's bedroom window, blinding the tall man for a moment. He couldn't see anything in particular, just a bright blue ball of energy.  He rushed over to the window and squinted as he tried to see past the light.

Lacie was unbothered, too caught up in her memories to acknowledge the situation outside.

Suddenly, a wave of blue pulsed in the air. Rushing towards the window at the speed of light. Even Mason wasn't fast enough to speed out of the room. It thrust into the twins and sent them flying, their backs met with a wall on the opposite side of the room. Groans were forced out of their throats as they squirmed.

"Lacie? You okay?!" Mason panicked, rubbing the black dots out of his vision. He felt a hand cover his and released a sigh, his nerves calming for a second.

"Yeah, I'm okay." At the sound of her voice, the twins froze. It was high-pitched and weak and cracked with every word. As she scanned her body, she noticed how her clothes fit. Or more specifically how they didn't fit at all. Her once comfortable pink sweater was now oversized, along with her perfectly sized jeans that were even bigger and slightly hanging off her hips.

"Lacie," Mason trailed off, he knew she was aware of her appearance.

"We need to go see what that was. Now" Lacie reminded, slipping a belt onto her pants and rushing to grab some shoes while Mason stood dumbfounded. "Mase, hurry up!"

At her voice, the boy jumped up and slipped some shoes on before following her outside.
"Yeah, lets go towards the potential danger"