ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ (e.w)

Start from the beginning

"Okay- that's enough of that for tonight." You said to yourself, but pretended it was your girlfriend you were talking to because to seemed to help calm your nerves.

You rub your eyes sleepily, dragging your feet along as you turned off the overhead light. You were just about to retire to your bedroom when your phone rang. You jumped, practically throwing the device from your hands before looking at the screen.

𝖭𝗈 𝖢𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗋 𝖨𝖣

You almost laughed to yourself, the movie must've gotten to you more than you thought.

You pressed decline without much thought, turning around to proceed down the hall when it rings again.

𝖭𝗈 𝖢𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗋 𝖨𝖣

You stare at it as it continues to ring, thumb hovering over decline, but on the last ring, you answer.

"Hello?"

Your voice carried through to the other side, but all you were met with was static.

"Hello?" You say again, but this time with much more agitation in your voice.

Faintly, you hear something else- breathing.

"Oh, ha ha- you got me. Who is this?" You pulled the blinds back to peek outside your front door, scanning your eyes for anything- or anyone out of place, but nothing seemed to be.

The breathing in your ear was cut abruptly as the call ended.

Paranoia set in, making you double check the locks on all the doors and windows before you head to bed. You thought it could be your friends pulling a dumb ass prank- I mean, for the sake of your sanity, that's what you HAD to believe.

-

You tossed and turned, your mind coming up with the most fucked up dreams imaginable which thankfully woke you from the nightmare.

You turned on your back, rubbing your eyes before opening them. Something was off, and it took you a second to realize- your bedroom door you had sworn you closed- was now open, leaving nothing to divide you between yourself and the portal of void that is your hallway.

Your first reaction was to call out your girlfriend's name, hoping that she decided to come stay the night after all, but you're met with silence.

You sat there, clutching your phone in your hands as you stared into the hallway- too paralyzed to move. Surely, you're being ridiculous. You probably didn't latch the door fully and a draft had blew it open, but still, you called your girlfriend anyways.

It rang and rang and rang- each passing ring made you feel more and more stupid. Of course, she isn't going to answer, it's almost 3 in the fucking morning.

A huff passes your lips as you push yourself off the bed, stomping over to the door to shut it, but just as you turn around, you hear the distant sound of floorboards creaking.

Suddenly, you were incredibly cold- like standing outside in a blizzard with soaking wet clothes kind of cold.

You released the doorknob from your hand, and slowly backed away from it, still holding your phone to your chest.

This is when a persons fight or flight instincts are supposed to kick in, but yours must be broken because you couldn't move, breath- you couldn't do anything except stare at the door, half expecting to see the door knob turn from the other side, but it doesn't.

Eventually, the gears in your head started to turn again, unlocking your phone, and began to call 911 but couldn't bring yourself to finish the last number because there was still no solid proof that anyone was in the house except yourself.