"I hope you don't mind, but all of it is vegan seeing as it was just stuff I had in my house." He says as Luca starts eating a mini roll.

"Don't worry, I'd probably be vegan if it wasn't so expensive." I say and it's true, I recently went on a deep dive and found out the truth behind animal products and I was so disgusted.

I start eating a roll with cue cumber and few other things on it.

"This is amazing." I say when I've finished my first bite "Thank you." He smiles looking away from me.

"Hey Roscoe." I smile and start petting him when he comes up to me, wagging his small tail, he comes up closer to me, on my lap to try lick my face.

"Did you just take a picture?" I keep smiling and furrow my eyebrows slightly.

"Maybe." He says putting his phone down, trying to suppress a smile but I see it.

"Mama can we get a dog?"

"I don't think so buddy, dogs are very expensive to buy and look after." I say softly and Luca only nods in defeat and takes a few grapes.

"You can see Roscoe as much as you'd like Luca." Lewis gets his attention and the smile is back on his face.

I mouth a 'thank you' to Lewis and he smiles back at me.

I take a few grapes and eat them before laying down on my back, I turn my face to the side to look at Lewis- while I keep stroking Roscoe gently who has decided to lay down next to me.

"How long have you had Roscoe?" I ask curiously as I pet his unusually soft fur.

"Since 2013."

"Damn, his fur is so soft as well."

Lewis gets comfortable as he lays down, close to Luca- who lays down on his stomach and starts playing with Lewis' hair.

"Roscoe is vegan, ever since I changed his diet his coat has gotten much softer, his swollen paws have healed up, he is no longer limping with pain of arthritis and his breathing has opened up." Lewis starts listing the benefits of his dog being vegan.

"Wow. That's amazing." Maybe I should become vegan. 

"What time is it?" I ask.

Lewis slowly pulls his phone out to check the time. "5 past 4."

"We've been here for hours." I murmur surprised.

I notice the sun is already starting to set, pink and red hues already prominent in the sky.

"We should probably head back." I say tiredly and Lewis agrees, we both pack up while Luca plays with Roscoe on the grass.

"I'll take the bag, while you go over first." Lewis says, taking the bag from my hand.

He places a gentle hand on the small of my back as he lightly guides me to the gate.

I'm glad I'm not facing him because I'm definitely blushing now.

We get back to the car and Luca has already fallen asleep within five minutes.

"What day should I close?"

Lewis ponders for a moment "I might be biased but I'd say Thursday? Because I won't be able to come most Thursdays." He chuckles a little.

"I'll go for Thursday, no point being open if my best customer won't be around." I see him look towards me with a smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Best customer, huh?" He smiles cockily.

"Don't let it get to your head, I've told multiple old lady's that they are my best customer too." Lewis loses his coy smile and I burst out laughing.

"Whatever." He mumbles.

I watch the scenery slowly start to get more city like as we get closer into London.

"I can't believe Christmas is in 6 days." I mutter in disbelief, I really need to get Luca some more presents.

"What do you and Luca do for Christmas?" Lewis asks softly and I smile thinking about our Christmas's together.

"I try to make it as happy and magical as possible, I do all of the little things to make him believe more, we also wake up so early- Luca always wakes up insanely early." I ramble on about what we do.

"That sounds lovely, is it just the two of you?" He asks carefully and I nod "Yeah."

"What do you do for Christmas?" I ask in return.

"My family prefer spending more quality time together, but we don't usually start Christmas until mid day." He always has the most content look on his face when he's talking about his family.

"If you want, I mean you could come to mine early on Christmas Day? I know Luca would love to have you around- only if you want to of course- you don't need to-" I start to ramble nervously, scared that he might not even want to come.

"Lilah." He cuts me off "I would absolutely love to spend Christmas morning with you and Luca."

I sigh in relief and my shoulders drop "Perfect." I smile.

"Any preferences for breakfast?"

He drums his fingers along the steering wheel for a moment "I'll bring some food and cook, it's not a problem." He offers and I'm surprised.

"Are you sure?" I ask because I don't want him to feel he needs to do this.

"Yes, I love cooking, and you cook for Luca everyday, you deserve a break on your magical day." He quoted my own words from earlier and I can't help but smile.

a/n IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ.

Okay if anyones confused and didn't see my other authors note, I've changed Luca to be Lilah's son instead of her brother

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Xo

Going on a road trip tomorrow so I'll probably write some more for both books then xo