Handcar--Stealin' Whiskey

Satoru slammed his hat on the floor once the train was out of view. "Sly bastard!"

Suguru sighed and wiped the sweat of his forehead with his sleeve. "Sure is..."

Satoru rubbed his forehead before bending down to grab his hat. As he did, he noticed a poster on the floor. He picked it up with his hat, and looked it over, his eyes widening. "Rifle Queen...Annie Oakley, at Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show...Cincinnati." Gojo glanced up and noticed a railroad worker getting on a handcar. "You there!"

The man looked up at Gojo, "Me sir?"

"Yes you! Where was that train heading?" He walked past the track over to the handcar where the man was.

The man spat a wad of spit onto the floor, "Cincinnati, Ohio, I do believe."

Satoru looked back at Suguru who shrugged.

Satoru threw a dollar coin at the worker. "We'll be taking this."

He climbed on the handcar, and Suguru followed. They began working to get the thing moving down the track by pushing on either side of the lever, making their way to Cincinnati, Ohio.

-------------------

"By golly! This city is huge!" You said as you stared in awe at the bustling city. Toji chuckled as he tied his horse up at a ranch meant for visitors.

"One of the biggest cities in the Midwest I tell ya'." He smirked and looked down at you.

"Oh! Toji Sir!" You stood on your tippy toes and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

His face flushed red and he chuckled, "Now if your brother saw you doin' that he might just burst like gunpowder, but since it was me who saw it, I might just ask for another one." He tapped his other cheek and bent down slightly.

You giggled and pressed your lips to his other cheek.

He smiled and wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

"Now, now, I don't see a wedding ring Toji. You best be keeping a space for the Lord." A tall business man in a suit with a cigar hanging out his lips walked over. "Name's Shiu Kong, a friend of Toji's." He held out his hand for yours.

You laid your hand in his palm and he brought it to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to the back of your hand.

"I got your letter, Toji. Got you two front row tickets." He passed two Buffalo Bill Show tickets to Toji. "I can't watch with y'all because I'll be in the booth with Mister Buffalo Bill himself."

Your eyes widened, "Woah!"

He chuckled at your exclamation, and pulled out a second cigar and handed it to Toji and lit it with a match. He put it in his lips and began smoking it before spitting it out and stamping it on the ground. "You know I stay all-American in my products. None of that New France tobacco."

"I'm surprised you can tell the difference." Shiu chuckled and patted Toji's back before checking his pocket watch. "We have some time before nightfall. Wanna grab a drink at the local saloon?"

Toji chuckled, "It may be early, but I think the lady and I could use some whiskey."

You guys arrived at the busy saloon where several men were being kicked out by the owner for trying to start a fight.

You entered behind Toji, and you took your seat at the bar with Shiu and Toji on either side of you. "I've never had alcohol, Toji sir. My brother says it's only for the men."

Toji and Shiu burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" You put your hands on the bar as the bar tender served you a cup of whiskey.

"I knew your brother didn't like ladies doin' much, but I didn't know he was just plain stupid!" Toji slapped Shiu on the back who had his head on the counter laughing.

"What do ya' mean?"

"Darlin'," Toji looked down at you with a smirk as he shook his head, "drunk don't discriminate. Take a drink."

You took a couple sips of the whiskey, and felt a sense of relaxation flow over your body.

Toji winked, "You like that, huh?"

You nodded with a giggle.

Toji chuckled and pulled up a leather bag, "What do ya' think about takin' some bottles to go?"

------------------

You followed Toji as he ran out the bar with a satchel full of whiskey bottles.

"AND NEVER COME BACK AGAIN, YOU DIRTY Tête de noeud!"

You and Toji burst out laughing as you ran away from the French saloon owner.