Chapter 1: Aftermath

*Y/N's POV*

"Ms. Nash..." I glance up as I look at all my leads staring at me in the conference room.

"Are you okay? You're looking a little pale..." Brenda said as she leaned in towards me.

"I'm okay." I whispered to her. "I just have a headache that's all." I groaned lifting my hand to massage the back of my head. Yeah...a fucking headache cause I took whack to my head last night from one of Fisk's guy. All I needed to know was where Fisk was. His location is still unknown as if he was concealed in the shadows. Fisk's people didn't even know where he was either. Seemed as if we had to make our way up the chain.

The agents and I have been working together to bring down groups of movements of them. Some are by the wharf, unoccupied buildings, some in plain sight...almost as if they didn't care if they'd be caught. Crime overload in the city never seemed to stop and it was only growing. We knock one team down and it just seems as if two more appear. If only Fisk would appear out of the darkness.

I end the meeting after getting our numbers and we've been donating to F.E.A.S.T for several months now and it's been no issue. I wanted this to end before I had a meeting with the Agents. We were tracking another group tonight with some of the new weapons coming in to be unloaded.

*Wanda's POV*

Today was my first day in college. I was so nervous thinking about going back to school and not being able to see Y/n. Things have been good for us...I am learning a bit more about not being so co dependent on her since she was always busy with work these days. Y/n was my number one but she always talked to me and convinced me that she should be third on my list. I only tell her okay to get her to stop trying to change my mind. Although she says my family is number two, and I should be number one for myself. It's cute...but, no matter how hard she tries she will always be my number one.

I settle into the big auditorium that was half full with students already. My nerves were already kicking in for the first day but with all eyes glanced up at me, I begin to panic even more. I tuck my head in and find a seat on the side of the room in the front. I had to take all of my general classes, but I also got Intro to Journalism as an elective so I can go forth with my major.

"Wands!" I look up as someone called my name. I waved back as they began walking my way.

"Nat!" I stand up from my desk to give her a hug.
"I didn't know you were coming here too!"

"Oh...then you're in for a real treat then." She winked at me as I looked at the door as someone else was walking in.

"No way..." They said as they rushed over to us.

"Carol?!" I said as she leaned in giving me a hug.

"Oh my gosh. How exciting is this?" She said as they sat down at my desk.

"How was your summer?" Nat asked.

"Yeah I heard you were busy at the internship! I didn't want to bother you cause I figured you were there a lot." Carol said.

"Yeah..." I scoffed with a slight chuckle. "It was such a cool experience. But I wanna hear about Honduras!"

"Oh my gosh, can you guys tell I got tanned?" Natasha and I both laugh at Carol as she continued talking about the volunteer work she did over the summer. My nerves finally went away since I knew I had Natasha and Carol now. This was definitely going to be a good first year. Something just felt off though, and it was Y/n not here with us. Y/n was taking college online so she can focus on work and do school on her own time. She never gives herself a break.