Four

Waking up with a mild headache and my body sore I knew today was going to be a long one.

I showered, cleaned my room and got dressed.

In a black halter top paired with my denim shorts and my black hightop converse.

Picking up my phone off the end of my bed, where I had left it yesterday and wasn't able to grab it because I had been man handled.

Looking through my messages I had seen my mother had texted me back.

Mom: I landed okay darling, I'll be back in a month, stay safe I love you xx

She had said in her message.

Me: I love you to mom.

I sent a quick text back before preparing myself to leave the house.

I went to the kitchen and made myself pancakes with raspberry's on top, with some cream and syrup.

Once I finished eating I grabbed my keys and went out to get my car. Getting in I started the car and while I was driving I thought of all the possible outcomes.

Jj is going to assume I'm fucking rafe, kie is going to think I'm a traitor, I'm not sure what pope will think, and John b is going to lie about getting drowned.

Whit all of that in mind I mentally prepared myself for any rude or snide comments from jj.

He did call me desperate after all.

Finally reaching the châtaue I stopped the car, and walked towards the front door.

"Hi" I said in a hushed voice towards everyone.

"Not with rafe anymore?" Jj spat.

"Fuck you, you don't even think to ask what I was doing with him" I spat back at him.

Going into the house to find John b, I found him drinking beer in the kitchen.

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay" I said while placing my hand on his face and pulling it towards me.

He had minimal damage, a bruised eye and some red marks around his neck but that was all.

He walked toward the front where everyone was chilling "I'm calling it off, all right" he stated.

"Peterkin said if I stay out of the marsh she'll help me with the dcs" he explained.

"And you believe her?" Jj scoffed.

"Yes I believe her jj" John b said with a shrug.

"An actually cop, you believe an actual cop" jj said like John b was crazy.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out. It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun" John b argued with jj.

"You know what I should have done man, just let topper drown your ass" jj argued back.

"Yeah because topper was gonna drown me?" John be scoffed.

Told you he'd deny it.

"Sure looked like it" jj replied.

"Funny" John b laughed "have you looked in a mirror recently?" Jj retorted

"Tell me some more. Come on" John b laughed again.

"They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus pogues. They always, always win!" Jj said hitting a ball.

"Okay" kie and I exclaimed at the same time.

"No it's not okay, They don't want us out on the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it." Jj shouted annoyed.