9

"Oh no"

3RD PERSON'S POV:

XAVIER AND ELIJAH WENT TO FIND KLAUS. Shortly thereafter, Klaus is walking down a deserted but well-lit street when Elijah and Xavier catch up with him.

"Niklaus."

"Santa Klaus, wait" Xavier said following him as Elijah sighs knowing it will only piss Klaus.

To everyone's surprise, Klaus ignores Xavier's nickname. "It's a trick, Elijah." He said.

"No, brother. It's gift. It's your chance-- it's our chance." Elijah said.

"To what?"

Elijah sighs "To start over. Take back everything we lost, everything that was taken from us. Niklaus, our own parents came to despise us. Our family was ruined-- we were ruined. And since then, all that you have ever wanted-- all that we have ever wanted was a family." He said as Xavier let out small smile remembering his sister.

Klaus looks at Xavier who nodd. He sighs before looking at Elijah and saying "I will not be manipulated." He said as he turns away but Elijah vamp-speeds over to block his way.

"So they are manipulating you. So what? With them, this girl and her child -- your child-- live." Elijah said.

"I am gonna kill every last one of them, and I am sure Xavier who like to help." Klaus said and Xavier nods. Klaus shoves Elijah and turns away but once again Elijah blocks him.

"And then what? Then you return to Mystic Falls to resume your life as the hated one, as the evil hybrid? Is it so important to you that people quake with fear at the sound of your name?"
Elijah asked.

"It's actually fun to see people fear of him." Xavier muttered and thanks God nobody heard him or Xavier would be dead by looks, Klaus would give him.

Klaus shakes his head before looking at Elijah and saying "People quake with fear because I have the power to make them afraid. What will this child offer me? Will it guarantee me power?"

"Family is power, Niklaus. Love, loyalty-- that's power. This is what we swore to one another a thousand years ago, before life tore away what little humanity you had left, before ego, before anger, before paranoia created in this person before me someone I can barely even recognize as my own brother. This is us, the Original family, and we remain together, always and forever. I am asking you to stay here. I will help you and I will stand by you. I will be your brother. We will build a home here together. So save this girl. Save your child." Elijah said as younger Smith stayed silent.

Xavier could do nothing but stare the floor remembering his sister who would always stay by his side. He had sister who loved him and was his only family but she was gone. Elena and Jeremy killed her. They took away his only family. Xavier thought he was over that but once again the memory of his sister's death is in his head.

Xavier escapes his thoughts when he see Elijah who has placed a hand on Klaus' shoulder. Klaus brings his own hand to Elijah's shoulder in a brotherly gesture.

"No." Was all Klaus said before he turns and walks off, leaving Elijah and Xavier to stand alone.

_______________________

Elijah and Xavier have returned from New Orleans. Elijah and Rebekah are arguing in her and Angelina's house as Xavier is in the kitchen eating chips and listening to them arguing.

"So that's it? I am just supposed to pack up my things and leave for good? Forget my life here and my pursuit of the cure?" Rebekah asked as Xavier was about to make his unnecessary comment but Elijah interrupted him.