⚠️What Happened to Roro-Chan?⚠️

Brief Summary:
Roro-Chan was a 14-year-old Japanese livestreamer who committed suicide during a livestream by jumping off the 13th floor of her apartment building. Roro-Chan believed ending her own life on stream would cement her as a 'legend'.

Why Did She do it?
She started livestreaming in 2012 with the username Rorochan_1999. Her videos consisted mostly of playing the piano, singing and vlogging, but she would also sometimes run along traffic or stand on high ledges, always wearing a mask to cover her face. She gradually gained a following. The gained attention also meant she gained numerous bullies, which is believed to be a big part in her suicide stream. In 2013 - a week before the actual incident - she posted a message to 2chan, which is a Japanese website kind of like Tumblr, talking about her plans for the suicide stream, but also saying she didn't want to spoil it. Supposedly, there were many people encouraging the idea of her suicide plan... Thankfully there were other users asking her to try to become an internet legend in a different approach.

What Came of the Incident?
In 2020, a challenge called the 'Roro-Chan Challenge' was created. This challenge involved livestreamers acting like Roro-Chan, even self harming on camera.
The video of Roro-Chan jumping was also spread around social media. (I've seen the video. Not too much is shown but it is very unfortunate to watch. Rest in peace, Roro-Chan 🙏)
A Fanart movement was created as a tribute to her case - people made songs and music videos for her

Sources:
Know Your Meme, Roro-Chan
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/roro-chan