Chapter 12

*A/N: I AM SORRY IF THIS TRIGGERS ANYONE, I REALLY AM! I broke down crying, writing this 🥲 REMEMBER YOU'RE GORGEOUS 💕*

It had been around 3 months since Maisie, and Reneé announced they were expecting.

Reneé is getting ready to head to the shops. Maisie, sensing an unexplained unease, gently cups Reneé's face and plants a tender kiss on her forehead. The atmosphere in the room momentarily shifts as Maisie communicates her concern without uttering a single word.

Maisie: "Be careful, love. Something feels off today."

Reneé smiles, appreciating the sweetness in Maisie's gesture.

Reneé: "I'll be back before you know it, baby. No need to worry too much."

Despite the reassurance, Maisie can't shake the uneasy feeling lingering within her. She watches as Reneé heads out, hoping her premonition is nothing more than a fleeting worry.

The sudden impact echoes through the air as Reneé is struck by the car. The world seems to slow down for a moment as chaos ensues. Maisie's premonition turns into a chilling reality, and her heart sinks as she feels the gravity of the situation.

Maisie, who was at home, suddenly feels a sharp pain in her chest, an inexplicable connection to Reneé's distress. Panicking, she dials Reneé's number repeatedly, each ring amplifying her anxiety.

Back on the street, bystanders rush to help Reneé, who's now lying on the pavement, injured and disoriented. The driver of the car is in shock, realizing the severity of the situation.

The echoes of the accident resonate in Maisie's mind, amplifying her sense of helplessness. She clutches her phone, desperately waiting for a response from Reneé.

Maisie's voice trembles as she calls out to Billie and Lainey, a sense of urgency in her tone. Both Billie and Lainey rush to her side, concern etched across their faces.

"What happened?" Billie asks, her eyes widening with worry.

"I don't know... I just have this feeling. We need to check on Reneé," Maisie replies, her hands shaking.

The three of them scramble to grab their essentials, the atmosphere thick with tension. As they head out the door, Maisie's mind is a whirlwind of fear and anticipation, desperately hoping that her intuition is wrong.

They quickly rush out of the house and get into Billie's car. Maisie is on full panic mode.

Maisie: (panicking) "Get her location up now!"

Billie quickly pulls out her phone, hands shaking slightly as she types, trying to locate Reneé. Lainey is in the backseat, gripping onto Maisie's hand for support.

"I'm trying, I'm trying," Billie mutters, her eyes focused on the screen. Finally, the GPS coordinates appear, and they speed towards the location.

The car ride is filled with an agonizing silence, broken only by the sound of Maisie's rapid breaths. The weight of the unknown hangs heavily in the air as they approach the scene of the accident.

With trembling hands, Maisie dials the emergency number, her voice shaky as she tries to convey the urgency of the situation. Lainey and Billie stand by, their faces etched with concern, as they wait for help to arrive.

"Please, you need to come quickly. My girlfriend, she got in an accident! She's hurt, and she's not responding," Maisie pleads, her eyes fixed on Reneé, the fear evident in her voice.

The operator guides Maisie through basic first aid steps while assuring her that help is on the way. As they wait for the ambulance, their worry increases by the minute.