Chapter 10

*A/N: TW! CONTAINS OVERDOSING! I AM SO SORRY IF ANY OF YOUS HAVE EVER WENT THROUGH THIS. I AM HERE FOR YOUS AND MY DMS ARE ALWAYS OPEN <3 I LOVE YOU ALL! 🫶🏼*

It's been a week since the incident. It was the last day of Billie and Reneé's tour. They should be getting home by some point tomorrow. Lainey decides to ring them to wish them luck for their final concert it goes to voicemail.

Lainey: (voicemail) "Hey, Billie, Reneé. Just wanted to wish you both good luck on the final day of the tour. Can't wait to have you back home soon. Take care and break a leg!"

Lainey sighs and turns off her phone with mixed emotions. She grabs her keys and decides to head straight to Maisie's place, to see how she was doing. The drive is filled with thoughts about how she can support Maisie and the anticipation of having everyone back together again.

Lainey hopes their presence will bring comfort to Maisie and brighten the atmosphere in their house.

***

As Maisie stares at the bottle of pills, a whirlwind of emotions engulfs her. She's been battling the darkness within for too long. The pain, the memories, everything seems unbearable. She contemplates whether the pills are the escape she needs or if there's a glimmer of hope left.

The room feels suffocating, and the internal struggle continues. The weight of her past, the loneliness, and the void left by Reneé's absence are pushing her to the edge. Tears stream down her face as she fights the urge to reach for the pills, torn between the darkness and the desire for a way out. 

Maisie, who couldn't take it any longer, grabs the bottle of pills and takes them all at once. Lainey steps into Maisie's world, the air thick with despair. The sight before her sends shockwaves through her, a scene she never anticipated. Maisie, in the clutches of an overdose, lies vulnerable and in need of urgent help. Panic surges within Lainey as she races against time to save her friend.

Lainey's trembling hands dial emergency services, her voice quivering as she provides vital information.

Operator: 911, what's your emergency?

Lainey: (frantically) My friend... she's... I think she overdosed. She's not responding, and there are pills everywhere!

Operator: I'm here to help. Can you confirm the address, please?

Lainey: It's 74 Yards Estate. Please, hurry!

Operator: Help is on the way, Lainey. I need you to stay on the line with me. Is your friend breathing?

Lainey: (panicking) I... I don't know. She's just lying there!

Operator: Okay, I need you to check if she's breathing. Put your ear close to her nose and mouth. Can you hear or feel any breath?

Lainey: (nervously) Hold on... (pause) No, I don't think she's breathing!

Operator: Stay calm, Lainey. We're getting help to you. I want you to start CPR. Place the heel of your hand on the center of her chest, right between the nipples.

Lainey: (teary-eyed) Okay, okay...

Operator: Now, push hard and fast. Use your body weight. We're aiming for about two compressions per second. Let me count with you. One, two, three, four...

Lainey: (desperate) Come on, Maisie, please...

Operator: You're doing great, Lainey. Keep going until the ambulance arrives. They're on their way.

Lainey: (panicking still) "Okay, thank you."

Lainey continues with the CPR, desperately waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Between compressions, she fumbles with her phone to call Billie and Reneé. After several attempts, Billie finally picks up.