Chapter 5

Mark and Katie arrived at the school. Xeney's cute appearance turned heads, and Mark saw a boy surrounded by girls and other boys. "I'm guessing that's him," said Katie.

"You got it," said Katie. Katie was in her human disguise, but Mark had no need. Mark of course learned on the way that he pretty much was conscripted into life as a Warrior Monk and that to become an Enforcer was to also become a Monk as well. This was going to take getting used to.

Mark had learned from Katie that many Enforcers sacrificed gender to help eliminate distractions to their duties. On one hand, a warrior with superpowers that fights God's enemies, Mark did admit sounded awesome, but the becoming a monk part of it? That pretty much would have been the deal breaker, however, becoming human again was the only reason he agreed to the terms.

Turning his thoughts to the here and now he noticed his Target approaching him. Unknown to Mark, he hadn't learned to hide his power, so his very presence alerted all supernaturals within the building. The Leader of the Pack, Markus had sensed that power from that female, or what he thought was a female. What puzzled him was there was no smell of pheromones coming from her, which in itself would have alerted older Alphas of their respective packs that his female was something unnatural.

Markus, however, didn't care. An adolescent was still an adolescent. All Markus saw standing there, was a prospective mate with the potential to produce powerful offspring. The others in Markus' pack began to warm him to stay away from her, but the pleas fell upon deaf ears as Markus made his way over to Mark.

"Hello there, Dear," said Markus, "Haven't seen you around here before. Care to hang out later?"

"Sure," said Mark with a smile, "I'd love that. How about we go back to your place after school?"

"Markus was taken aback, but he said, "sounds like a plan. I'll see you there. Meet me and my friends after school." Markus winked as he returned to his pack.

The females of that pack had looks of disbelief of their faces. Marrling and the other females excused themselves to 'use the restroom,' as they went to meet in a secluded area of the school. The female werewolf's calm face twisted into one of rage as she said, "Alright. Who the actual hell was that thing?"

"I never seen her before in my years," said one of her followers, "My family has connections. I would have known if some bimbo that powerful was in the same city as us."

"Whatever the hell she is," said Marrling, "She has to go! I'm not letting some upstart brat steal my mate to be!" Screeched Marrling.

"Lady Marrling?" Said one of the other females.

"You have something to say?"

"I recognized the smell of her friend. Is one of those.....bird like....things that saved Umbra," she said.

"Don't you.....dare.....name that brat in my sight," hissed Marrling, "Or you shall share what I had planned for her. You hear me?!"

"Y-Yes," my lady.

"As for Us, ladies," said Marrling, "Let's show that bimbo her place later."

They all laughed in agreement as Marrling smiled in malice and glee.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mark and Katie sat with Umbra. With her was another Enforcer named Sylamak. The four ate as the male Enforcer asked Mark, "What got you to join up?"

"It sort of just happened," said Mark, "Entered what I thought was a costume convention I didn't know about, accidentally made a deal, and the next morning, it became a no man's land where the sun doesn't shine and I became more girl than guy. Next thing I knew, I was told I have some superpower called Metaspawn."