"It's not really a big deal, is it? A lot of content creators have editing teams, right? I could even get you someone from my team." She pulled her phone out of her pocket immediately.

"Please don't," I shook my head but I knew there was no use in fighting.

"Done!" She slipped the device back into her jeans and beamed at me.

I held in my exasperation. What's a polite way to tell someone to leave your room?

"Well," I slapped both my thighs, taking in a sharp breath.

"Would you like to go into town with me?" Miss Fenty immediately countered my strategy and I realized then I was cornered, as my only excuse had been nullified.

"Sure, yeah. Give me just a second," I hummed.

"Great, I'll be in the foyer!" She finally stood from my bed to walk out, leaving behind the mist of sweetness in the air that every room she walked in was engulfed with.

My phone rang in my pocket as I ransacked my drawers for an appropriate pair of shorts.

"Dom," I expressed with surprise.

"Hey, I hope I'm not calling at a weird time or whatever, I didn't think to check the time difference," she apologized.

"You're good," I pressed the phone between my shoulder and ear so I could check the time on my watch. "It's a little past 1 here, so isn't it like 8 am in New York?"

"Yeah, I'm just on my way to work and you popped up in my mind so... I don't know, I figured I'd check in," Dom explained.

I knew that to be a lie, because Crown Shy, the Michelin-rated restaurant Dom worked at only had a breakfast service on the weekends, so I know her ass wasn't on her way there.

"That's sweet. I'm doing pretty good. Two weeks down, two more to go, you know?" I shrugged. "Hey, can I ask you about something?"

"Sure, what's going on?" Dom hummed acknoqledgingly.

"If you felt like someone was seemingly trying to trap you in situations where you have no choice to spend time with you and acting kinda weird like, touching you when there's no need for physical contact, what would you think their reasons would be?" I figured two brains would be better than one.

"Oh, that person likes you," Dominique rebutted quickly.

I stopped rummaging through my drawers to stand upright. I felt my face heat up with embarrassment and I was glad she couldn't see me through the phone.

"Well, yeah I'm sure they like me, I mean, we're cordial," I stammered out.

"No," she chuckled. "I mean romantically, well at least sexually. That would depend on what kind of touch, like shoulder or thigh, you know what I mean?"

"Oh," a pit dropped in my stomach. Somehow I hadn't seen that one coming yet, I was hoping it wasn't that. "I don't think so, that– she's straight so, I wouldn't think so."

"When you first met me you thought I just wanted to be your friend because you didn't think I looked gay, as you put it. So do you know for a fact that she's straight, or you just assumed because she hasn't explicitly said otherwise?"

Well, that shut me up. I simply assumed Rihanna was being weird before I even considered the possibility that she was attracted to me. It explained her behaviour, sure but finding out that an idolized personality was making advances to me was as odd as accepting that this same icon just had bad interpersonal skills and couldn't pick up on social cues.

"You don't sound excited. Do not like that person too?" My ex inquired.

"No, not really," I rushed.

"Well, you don't have to lie. Especially not for me... there's nothing there."