"You a mess Aiko."

"I'm just sayin." She smirked.

"I guess you right." She blew on her nails until they dried.

"Girls how you do?" They both looked up to see Minako peeking in.

"Rae just finished my nails." Aiko replied in Japanese, slightly bowing her head. Minako smiled.

"That's good! Well, dinner is ready. Why don't you two come downstairs?"

"She wants us downstairs. The grub is on." Minako laughed before nodding.

"I made your favorites." She gave a quick last puff of air to her nails.

"Let's go." She nearly flew downstairs at that, leaving Minako and Aiko in the dust.

After dinner was eaten and bellies full, she laid back on the tatami floor.

"Mina-chan you really put your foot in it tonight." Mina looked confused, looking at Aiko who giggled.

"It means you made really good food tonight Minako-san."

"Ah... thank you Rae-chan."

"You're welcome!"

"Now that you girls are done, you help with dish." She groaned much to Mina's chagrin and Aiko blew her bangs up in a huff.

"This was a set up." She said lowly, glancing at Mina.

"Girl."

"If you expect to keep happy home for husband, must clean! Come come! Aiko, when you are done you can bathe."

"Yes ma'am." They got up and gathered the dishes and washed them.

"Thank you for the delicious meal."

"You are welcome. It is nothing. I must make sure you two eat well."

"I appreciate it."

"Rae will show you how to start your bath. Please enjoy your night."

"Thank you Minako-san." Mina got up from the table and gently kissed Rae on the forehead before bowing her head and going upstairs.

"Minako-san is so nice."

"Girl, when she angry she a force."

"Remind me to not piss her off."

"Nah she's really cool. She's become like my second mother. Because of her, I'm adjusting so well and quickly to life here."

"I bet. She's a great person to have in your corner."

"Mmhm."

"Ready for bed?"

"After you."

***

When they woke up in the morning, they got dressed for school. She smiled, feeling relieved. She had been going to school all summer and finally, it felt as though it was paying off. Even though she still had a ways to go in Japanese, being in all Japanese classes was kinda forcing her to study more in the language. She was doing well thus far and by the start of the school year in a month she would be all caught up.