Chapter Forty-One

"Are you still going to take that soccer offer?" I questioned as I parked in my parents' driveway.

"I forgot all about it but I might take it." Zeiden says.

"You should take it and besides it is your dream." I said.

He sighed. "It's my dream, but I'm worried that our schedules may not align. You'll be Stanford's assistant coach, and I'll playing professionally."

Due to the traveling involved in away games and varying schedules for meetings and practices, it can be difficult to maintain a consistent routine.

I have heard stories of people who have faced similar problems, and while some have dealt with them effectively, others have not. Unfortunately, this has led to some couples breaking up, regardless of whether they were previously on good terms or not.

Zeiden sighed sharply. "But I think both of us can handle it pretty well and I had  some friends back in North Carolina who broke up with their partners because of that."

"Do you have more friends here in California or back home?" I asked.

"Six including some of my former teammates back home and four here in California." He said.

"You know for someone that is friends with a photographer, I would be expecting a lot."

Zeiden laughed. "I like to keep my circle small or medium depending on I can trust that certain person."

I nodded. "Yeah I can relate to that."

"How long have we been standing in your parents' driveway?" He wondered.

I looked at my phone to see what time it was and shocked that we been here for an hour.

"That was a long ass talk."I said as both of us got out of the car and walked to the front door.

I grabbed my keys to open the front  door as I was trying to do that, my hands were shaking but I calmed down when Zeiden puts his hand on my back.

I unlocked the door and both of us went inside.

"Do you think that your parents are home?" Zeiden questioned.

"I know what times they got off from work so one of them are probably back rig-" I was cut off by the sound of the door being opened and Mom walked inside.

Mom beamed at me when she saw me and gave me a hug. 

"Mom this is Zeiden and he is my boyfriend."