"You're here because Rafe did this, I'm not stupid-"

"Shh, don't talk." I say, not wanting him to get worse because of me.

But I knew his answer was true, which made me feel even worse. He didn't have anyone. All he had was Rafe as a friend, but now that's gone.

"I don't know how I can help." I say, looking up to the ceiling.

He looks to the side onto his bedside table, with papers on them. He looks to me and back to the papers, signalling me to pick them up.

I look at them, seeing documents that are pressing charges against Rafe. I look through the papers more thoroughly, and I realise Barry wants me to help him testify against him.

"I'm no snitch, but I get a load of money for-" Barry says under his breath, not being able to finish his sentence.

I couldn't do that to Rafe, but I had to do the right thing. I didn't know what to do. My mind clouded with thoughts of different outcomes. If I testified against Rafe, he would hate me. But if I didn't, I would hate myself.

"I'm keeping it anonymous though, okay?" I say.

I had to write a statement about what I saw. I fold the paper, putting it in my pocket.

"Bye Barry." I try to smile, walking out of his room.

As I exit the room, a tear falls down my face. How could Rafe do that to him? I try to push my thoughts away, taking in a deep breath.

I walk out of the hospital, trying to contain myself but I couldn't stop thinking about if I should do the right thing, or be selfish and not testify.

~

"Shit, are you gonna do it?" JJ asks.

"I don't know." my hands run through my hair.

"You know what, just forget about this right now." John B says.

"How can I forget about this, he's asking me to testify?" I say.

"He's gonna be in the hospital for a while, right?" Pope asks.

"Well, yeah but-"

"Then stop thinking about it for now, you're just gonna get overwhelmed." Pope says.

Pope was right. This would just consume me and eat me alive if I kept constantly thinking about it. I had to breathe, and let myself live for a second.

"Are you guys going to the dinner?" Kiara asks.

"Papa Jay gotta get money." JJ nods.

"Don't ever say that again." she laughs.

"What dinner?" I ask.

"For all the kook families." John B replies.

I raise my eyebrows at them, wondering why they would want to work there.

"They give good money." Pope says.

"Right." I nod.

"So, you coming?" JJ asks.

It could get my mind off of everything, so why not.