I just shook my head trying to take that thoughts away out of my mind.

"Where's everybody?" I asked the moment we entered. There are still no passengers except for me.

"Sir, the boarding time has yet begun. The other passengers are still waiting at the boarding area. We have taken the chance to assist you first so that it would be less hassle for you to jive in through the crowd later."

"How long would it take that?" I can't wait to see my wife.

"In about 10 minutes, Sir."

"Excuse me, Sir, this is your seat," one of the stewards politely said.

"Is there anything else that I could help you with?"

"I'm all good. You may leave now. Thank you."

"Alright, Sir. I will be leaving. If you need anything, our cabin crew is happy to serve you. We hope you enjoy your trip."

Just as he said, after about 10 minutes or a little more, I could now hear some footsteps and murmur turning louder as it nearly approaching and just after a few minutes the empty cabin had completely filled in with passengers. They begin to fix on their hand carries at the overhead compartment above their seats.

Blooog!

Augh! That hurts.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry, Sir!" one of the clumsy passengers hit my head with his luggage upon lifting it up to the compartment.

"You should be careful next time," I answered trying to be understanding.

"Duke?" It felt like a deity had called me when I heard her voice. My bad mood automatically switches, stirring with thrill.

"Mr. Imperial, you're hear?" And then my mood went back to its original state when I saw that asshole.

"What the fuck had brought you here? You never told me about this trip." Vlance's face look so addled.

"It's urgent. I have some important matters to attend one of which is the business convention. I heard Doctor Elleazar will be there too, Isn't it, Doctor Requerva?"

"Oh, yeah. I'll be there too." I just ignored him and turned my head to my wife.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't able to tell you about this. Last night, I was about to tell you but unfortunately, there was an urgent matter I have to do which resulted to coming home very late. When I got home, your sleep already so I just decided to tell you it in the morning but when I woke up, you left already. How about you? I don't know about your trip today?"

"I also booked last minute, that is why. I was actually going to tell you last night. I waited for you, but I didn't realized I already fall asleep. I woke up before you that it why I wasn't able to tell you. I have to leave early because I don't wanna be late during check in. I'm sorry, Duke."

"Any way, I know that you always travel with your private plane. Why are you here?"

---

Flashback

"Book a flight for me."

"Alright, Sir. May I know the complete details, please."

"Manila to Boston for tomorrow. I will be staying there for seven days."

"This is noted, Sir. I will get the private jet ready for your trip tomorrow."

"I want to travel with my wife."

"Okey, Sir. I will cancel and switch her flight and we'll inform her about the changes."