15 - a little secret meeting

( this has been spit into two parts, 16 - telling is the second half of this because it got too long over 7000 words.)

Roselyn's pov

I sat in a booth of the café, already got bought my coffee after a long night of work, finding a person to baby sit Layla today was easier than most. Despite Michael's unwell seeming, he agreed to baby sitting her. She seemed so happy to see him. I missed him. She missed him, but things were the way they are because of me. I couldn't fix that nor the past.

William finally got to the table, just arriving with a still, yet contemplative expression. Sitting with his book bag to his side, I looked at me with a displeased frown. Oh goody, woe was me, on this day would be my last. Though he did invite me out to a public place for our meeting. Which, seemed like a clever move on his part, as I won't have agreed if it was private.

"Morning, old man." I teased getting comfortable in my seat as a form of anxiety crept up on me, thoughts about what happened, what he did, flashing in my mind like a warning alert. I stay calm and collected with my hair up respectfully, jeans, a partly buttoned blouse and a over side sweater that hung off me. Clean faced, no piercings in today, just so the fucker in front of me would finally look me dead in the eyes as he says what he needed to say.

"Morning, Rose, how have you been?" He looked at me, "I see that you cleaned yourself up." He noticed my lack of piercings.

"It's Roselyn." I didn't know why I was still correcting him at this point. "Could be better, I kind of staying with a work friend's place because I have no where else to go, but that's no surprise to anyone." I relaxed back. "However, I rather you skip the pleasantries."

"Fine." He cleared his throat, "Michael told me something that you apparently told him something interesting. Why did you him about our deal? What happened to money buys your silence?" He kept his firm voice.

"I don't know what you mean." I shrugged cluelessly. Fucking hell, why did he say anything!?! What was wrong with him!? Of course, Michael would think so hard on that part of his life, like he can't escape it. Man needed to just move the fuck on already and deal with it like the rest of us.

Me, Alex, Max, John, Jeremy and the others have moved on from all the past and start our lives. Why couldn't he? He'd be a lot happier if he did. Just let it go and love on with his life. But here I was, in a similar situation again.

"I never told anything to anyone, If I'd tell anyone wouldn't you think they would of told the police? Michael's could have easily told anyone and why would he tell you about it if I did tell him shit. You forgot he much smarter than he give you give him credit for."

"I know he's a bright kid and he's my kid." William pridefully said. "Of course, I knew he'd start suspecting me at some point, it doesn't take a genius to think, and that doesn't explain why He's know that you were paid."

"My name mail like bank statements go to his house, and your finally payment was late, it was month after Elizabeth disappeared. He might also saw the inconsistencies. He has asked me how much babysitter was earning in the past. During the time of the payments, my mail was going to my mother's, so when I wasn't around them, he might gone to check them to see to see if I had left town." I said the mostly likely scenario that wasn't me telling. "You should have paid my full money and not checks half the time."

"You should've been careful, you have a daughter to think about and I'd be more worried if was you about that you say. I mean, My payment can be easily explained, considering your baby sat Elizabeth and I know how much of handful she could have been. I wouldn't want you have to suffer for what you had to do to be a good friend. A good partner and to feel something better for yourself." He spoke calmly, as if he was worried for me. Why? Why did he have to talk like that, knowing it was all I wanted someone to do. Talk to me like they cared for me, not like they have to deal with me. "All the good you have done. The cared you gave to Elizabeth and those who frankly will never give to you like you do for them. Such a shame, that nobody sees you for you." His sweet and smoothing voice, got to me. Calming, caring, almost like someone that sounded like they was there for me. Even thought, I knew better. "All of the times you were there for Michael, how he clung to you for support even after the break up, even after he got with that silly little lady. How he used you to complain and whine, about someone he claims to love. He turned to you for support, not her? Countless of hours with him, and all for what?"