chapter 10, grounded

"so, would one of you like to explain why i get a call saying that you all were fighting in school?!" katherine says, pulling us inside with her.

i look down, unable to hold eye contact with her.

"well?!" she raises her voice, me flinching at the sound.

"maybe if alex would get his priorities straight and decide if he wants ara or new york, it wouldn't have happened." cole says, a venomous tone striking his words.

"what?! me?! you hit me first!" alex says, defending himself.

"after you laid your hands on ara. i have told you multiple times, don't ever lay your hands on her, and what do you do? not only lay your hands on her, but call her a slut too." cole spits out the words like they hurt to say.

"i'm sorry for my language mama." cole apologizes quickly to his mother, warming my heart.

"you called her a what, alex..?" katherine says, not letting her eye contact break with alex.

"i-. uhm, i-." he stutters.

"cole and alex, you're both grounded for two weeks. ara, they said you're suspended for 'language to the principal...?' what are they talking about?" she asks me. i quickly remember when he said something about my dad.

"i'm sorry, katherine, but he brought up my dad. i couldn't control myself." i say, still looking down. i feel cold grab my hand and squeeze it.

"well, you're all suspended for the rest of the week. bella, i'm sorry, but your gonna have to be grounded." katherine says. i nod my head.

"i completely understand." i say, finally looking in her eyes.

"you guys...just. go to your rooms." we all start to exit.

"no, alex, you come here. i need to have a talk with you." she says sternly.

i walk up to my room, closing the door. i lay down on my bed, burying my face in the pillow. i sit up after a few minutes, letting the tears that were stinging my eyes finally fall.

i hear a knock on my door. "who is it?" i let out.

"it's me, ara." cole's voice is soft, not daring to speak to me the way he spoke to alex.

"come in." i say, wiping the tears as much as i could.

"i wanted to hang out with you in here." he says, sitting down on the bed.

"i was just about to take a nap." i told him, falling back on one of my pillows.

"oh, i'm sorry, i'll go." he says, starting to get up. i grab his hand.

"stay, please." i say, him immediately giving in.

he lays down on the bed beside me, not daring to overstep where he lays down.

i lay my head on his chest. i feel him stiffen up at first, but relax as he wraps his arms around me and plays with my hair that i took out of my bun.

"that's hella stupid how he suspended you bc HE brought up your dad and you got mad." cole says softly.

he grabs a blanket, specifically the blanket he got me for my 14th birthday, and lays it over us.

i immediately feel safe in his arms as he wraps them around my waist and rubs one of his thumbs on my hip. i start talking but i hear his soft snores and smile, starting to drift off to sleep.

i hear the door open, alex starting to speak. "bella i'm so sor-. shit." he says, seeing us laying together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
five or six hours later

issacgarcia: look what we came home tooooo! are the power couple back in action

issacgarcia: look what we came home tooooo! are the power couple back in action..?

comments have been disabled on this post.

a/n: erm, so i may or may not have ghosted this book bc i had no ideas. but anyways, here we are!! also, ty guys for over 9K readssss!!!!!! y'all are the best! i've never had a book be this successful! thank you guys so much and i love you all so much!