chapter 8, jackie.

a little less than two months ago, my dad and my step-mom passed away. it's late october now, and me and alex are together, have been for about a month now. me and cole are still really, really good friends. we're kinda these two sarcastic best friends who only cause trouble when their around each other.

danny tells me that he always talks about me, about how he's in love with me and stuff. we were just told that a girl named jackie was going to be moving in with us because her parents passed.

oh yeah, after my dad and cecilia passed, me and brionna were moved into the walter house.

as alex is inside, playing some video game with issac, i'm sitting outside on a beach chair. right beside cole, who's swimming. i'm not a very welcoming person, but jackie been through a whole hell of a lot. katherine actually said she was coming today.

i scroll on instagram, finding one of alex's posts about me.

posted by @alex_walker
tagged @arabellasthatbitch

i'm so grateful for you, belle. you're amazing and the best girlfriend i could ever ask for. kisses from alex😘💟

comments have been disabled by this user.

i like the post again before hearing will talking to someone. that someone is jackie. "hey everyone, this is jackie!" he says, parker and jordan muttering hellos while i wave. "hi!" i say, getting back on my phone.

"that's parker, and that's benny." he says pointing to the 9 and 5 year old over with jordan, looking like they were filming a movie or something.

cole starts to rise from the water, getting out of the pool. he shakes his wet hair on me, me yelling. "goddamn it, cole!" i was already in a bathing suit, but still. i wasn't planning on getting wet anytime soon.

"oh, bells, you're okay! a little water never hurt nobody. you and i both know that." he says with a wink, me remembering our first time doing, well, you know. he put me in a tub of water right after.

jackies staring at cole and i, mesmerized by cole. "wanna introduce yourselves..?" will says, looking at me and cole.

"she'll figure it out." cole says, taking the chair beside me. "stop being an ass." i say, jackie looking at me with a slight smile. i, of course, smile back.

"that's cole and arabella. arabella is alex's girlfriend." will says, me going to greet myself. when cole hears the words 'alex's girlfriend' he scoffs, turning over, but not before saying, "she has more of a title than 'alex's girlfriend', you know that, will?" will gives him a look to stop.

"hi, i'm arabella, but you can call me bella." i hold out my hand to shake, her gladly taking it.

"so, wait, are you dating your..." she says, me laughing and shaking my head.