Chapter 14 Fake Smiles

Narrator's POV

"Yes Ruski, I'm okay" Philia answered. "Then what is that?" Russia said. "Oh it's just ketchup with a red crayon" Philia said. "But why does it looks real?" Russia said. "Cause it's real dummy" somebody said. They both of them look back to see Spain, Joe and JP and the owner of the voice is Joe. "No really it's just crayons and ketchup" Phila said and force a smile. "You sure himawari?" JP asked. " Yeah! Me and my aunt do this for traditions" Philia said. They all fell for it since they know Philia has many traditions and they thought that she will never lie.

Monday at school
Philia's POV

As I was walking at the hallways going to my next class, I saw Mal and Indo waving at me. I forced a smile and waved back. They then came up to me and greeted me with a smile on their faces "good morning girl" Mal said. "Good morning Malaysia" I said. Malaysia raised a brow and just remembered that I don't use Malaysia as Malaysia, I usually call her as Mal and if I longer the words it means I'm serious and they know that. "You okay Phil?" Indo asked. I think I was too obvious so I kept smiling and said. "Ofcourse Indo! I'm totally fine what would you think?" I said. "Well... Because you know... You only make the words or names longer when your serious..." Mal said. "Nah, just a mistake" I said. I then kept walking while Mal and Indo is following me and just observing me, I pretended not to see them and just kept smiling until they left. I just remembered that I'm wearing a hoodie, that is why they were observing me, so sweet of them. They were just observing if I was okay since I always wear the school uniform everytime it's school days.

When I reached my next class I a saw new student. The students introduce herself confidently "hello I'm Belarus, Bela for short" She said. "Okay then Miss Belarus, go sit next to him" The teacher said. She then say next to Estonia which made her close to me. Estonia is at the back of Aussie's seat which is my seat mate while Bela is at the back of my seat. She stared at me which made me feel nervous I think she can see through my fake smile.

As we were writing our notes. A rolled paper was thrown at me. I read it to see that iwlt was from Bela "I can see right through you dear, what is your problem? It feels like you need someone to talk to lately. If you do you can talk to me" The letter saids. I then look at her and she was smiling at me while when others look at her she will let out a dark aura.

The teacher then left the class since the UN called all the teachers at his office. I was finished with my notes and kinda bored. Everybody was still writing while Aussie is sleeping since he is finish too. A paper thrown to me again. Once again it was from Bela. I read it "If you need someone to talk to let's go to the bathroom and talk about it. You might not remember me but I guess you will remember it after a little time. Just go to the bathroom and I will follow you let's talk about this" the letter saids. I turn to her and shrugged my head meaning I'm okay but I'm lying. She nods and she understands and kept writing notes

Lunch Time

I was in the bathroom when Bela comes in and locks the door. She pinned me to the walls and whispered in my ear "your good at acting but sorry I know what happend..." She whispered which suprised me "what do you mean?" I asked. "Your aunt abuse you again didn't she" She said which bring shivers in my spine, like how did she know that? I thought nobody know "no ofcourse not! My aunt would never hurt me" I said. "You lie cause you don't want her to be in jail for abusing right?" She said. I was then shock how did she know all of that?. I kept silent and she sighed and she then unpinned me "no matter how you hid it, I can always see right through you so don't even try to be fake and keep it real around me" She said and left the bathroom. Many thoughts have been running to my head like how did she know that?, fake? She knows I'm fake smiling?, how?. I then left the bathroom with thoughts running in my head.

I reached the cafeteria and we get some food. "Can I please have some Sinigang?" I asked which made them shock when I just realized I ordered a Filipino food. I was then sweating "o-oh so-" before I can even finish my sentence she already answered "sure ma'am" She said and get on cooking. Woah I just can't believe that she know's that dish. I just think that she traveled the Philippines and maybe learned to make that dish.

We came to our table holding our lunch while Indo and Mal was curious "what is that dish?" Indo asked. "It's Sinigang a dish from my country" I answered. "Interesting name" Mal said. "Would you guys like to try?" I asked and they nod and taste the dish. "This is... AMAZING PHILIA I LIKE IT" Mal said. "Yes it's so good~" Indo said. I chuckle a little and started eating.

Ring🔔

The bell rung meaning it's time for class. Luckily we already ate our lunch since the other students didn't get to finish their's

When I reached class I saw Bela again. She smiled at me and I came up to her "hi Bela nice to meet you I'm-" before I can even finish my sentence she already said my name but not only my name MY FULL NAME "Philippine Islands Maharlika Shorten for Philippines Maharlika,Philia, Ili and Phil" She said which shock the whole students in class. Their were all looking at us. "How did you know that?" I asked. "I still remember you but you don't remember me, understandable you were still young that days anyway" she said which shock the whole class again even me. The students were just watching us "what do you mean?" I asked. The teacher then arrived "I will tell you in the right time or I'll let you figure our yourself" She said. I then sit in my seat.

After School

When I was walking I accidentally drop my bandena from my pocket and also my necklace. I picked it up and saw Russia staring at me with shock with Bela who looks like she was expecting this. I wear my necklace and I put my bandena on my shoulder and forced a smile. "Hey guys!" I said. "N-no way... Lord... Stop torturing me... I've had enough..." He said and tears drop from his eyes. I was worried for him but he came up to me and look at my necklace. My necklace is pure gold with the letters "M" on the middle. "Ruski are you okay?" I asked and he hugged me and started to cry. I was still confuse cause I don't know what is going on. Bela then came up to me and "I think it's the right time..."
Bela said.

Sorry for the ones who ship Russia x Phil, Kazakhstan x Phil, Belarus x Phil, Ukraine x Phil and Germany x Phil sorry but this is how my AU works. You guys will found out in the next chapter

To be continued...

Published: February 18, 2024