chapter three: your decision

Start from the beginning

"You didn't greet your customer?", Taehyung asked.

The younger man shook his head, "Yeji is in charge of that. I'm just in the kitchen, doing all the cooking."

"Okay, then. That's better than interacting with customers nicely and they begin falling for your charm or whatsoever.", Seokjin mused.

Jungkook chuckled, "Come on, guys. Let's stop talking about this."

Taehyung clapped his hands, "I know what we should talk about next."

"What?", they asked.

"I purposely keep this for our hangout. Jin hyung, who were you with that day I saw you at the mall?", Taehyung winked at the eldest man, knowing that he had a hot tea to spill about him.

Seokjin's face flushed at it. He tried to deny it while Taehyung provoked him. The others joined in later, creating a noisy atmosphere around their table.

Jungkook just laughed at how Seokjin was trying to change the topic before he pulled out his phone to see what came up as he felt a vibration in his pocket.

♡♡♡

Chaeyoung had been thinking of adopting a pet since she decided to live alone but she was undecided on which animal she would adopt.

"A cat...or a dog..?", she asked herself.

Her hand stopped at the video that went viral when she volunteered with Lisa at the dog shelter three years ago. In the video, she was surrounded by a lot of dogs and she felt touched by their companion, which then caused her to tear up. One of the dogs, a golden retriever, noticed her tears and consoled her with its little paws as Lisa kept filming. With the dog's little touches and soft barking, the interaction with Chaeyoung made her viewers felt equally touched and that was the beginning of Chaeyoung's growing number of followers on her social media account that goes by the name of AquariusRose.

"I should check out the shelter again.", she smiled warmly before scrolling down to see Lisa's new post with her cats. "Cats are cute too.", she liked the post before thinking hard again on her indecisiveness. "My followers could help me.", she smiled before deciding to go ask her followers' opinion.

Opening her broadcast channel, she greeted them with her usual cutesy greeting before proceeding to ask them about her dilemma.

aquariusrose: Ahnong ahnong*, my dear stars! I'm sorry for not posting anything these few weeks. When was my last video again? Was it three weeks ago? Haha, I'll try to find something cool to share with you guys and post it soon. But before that happens, I need your help! I'm thinking of adopting a pet but...I'm undecided on which animal it is. A cat or a dog. Could you guys help me out??

She posted the message and quickly started to receive responses.

aquariusrosebiggestfan: Hello...you should get a puppy. They're cuter than kittens.

lalisa: Annyeong, my best friend! Get one cat and five dogs! Hehe 😼

virgo_den: Annyeong, AquariusRose. A dog as in a big one or a puppy also can?

"I don't mind a puppy or an adult dog.", Chaeyoung sent the message.

g.min: Ahnong, beautiful! A cat or a dog? Hmm...why not a puppy that looks like me? 😉

jeongjaehyun14: Hiiii...a cat is better than a dog. They don't make noises and are much independent, in my opinion.

"Hmm...he's right, cat is quieter and more independent.", she agreed with that response. "It's okay. Let's give it a day before I check this again.", she closed the channel before yawning sleepily.

♡♡♡

Chaeyoung was walking out of her apartment when she saw a dog suddenly sprint in front of her and stop next door.

"Bam...slow down.", a man's voice made her turn her head to the direction of the man.

When their eyes met, she looked away at the doberman before speaking.

"Oh, is this your dog, Mr Jeon?", she asked.

He nodded before apologising, "He surprised you, did he?"

Chaeyoung smiled shyly, "Oh, I'm just shocked because it suddenly appeared in front of me. Can I...touch it?"

Jungkook allowed her, "Sure. His name is Bam, if you're wondering."

"Bam...he reminds me of my friend's dog. It's a doberman too.", she said as she patted Bam's head. "Oh, you don't work today?", she added.

Jungkook shook his head, "It's my day off. That's why I took Bam for a walk."

Chaeyoung nodded, "I see. He's cute."

Jungkook smiled in return.

"Actually I'm going to the cafe.", she told him. "The mochi you gave me the other day..you were right. I want it again.", she added.

"Oh...that's unfortunate.", he replied almost immediately. "I mean...that mochi is not on sale today. At GoldenGrove, everyday we will make a different special menu so...", he tried to explain to her.

"So I need to come back tomorrow? Because the last time I went there was Saturday and tomorrow is Saturday.", Chaeyoung replied.

Jungkook slowly nodded, "That's right."

"I see. That's a..cool concept. Well then, I'll just go there tomorrow for the mochi.", Chaeyoung said.

"Yep, go tomorrow.", he acknowledged.

"Yeah, well then. I'm still going out so...I see you next time, Mr Jeon.", she said to him.

He nodded, "See you, Ms Park."

♡♡♡

Lisa handed a tissue in front of Chaeyoung's face in a sudden, interrupting her from watching the video on her phone.

"Thanks.", Chaeyoung took the tissue and wiped her tears.

"What is it now?", Lisa asked the reason to the tears.

Chaeyoung shrugged, "Just watching this shelter's video."

She showed her phone to Lisa.

"Oh, you were thinking about adopting a pet, right?", Lisa remembered.

Chaeyoung nodded, "I think I've decided."

"You've decided?"

"Yes. I'm going to adopt this little puppy.", she answered.

Lisa smiled warmly before hugging her, "That's very kind of you, Chae."

"He looks so small than the others. I should bring him home with me.", Chaeyoung replied, pouting as she watched the puppy looking scared alone in the cage.

"Do you want me to come along with you?", Lisa asked.

"If that's okay with you."

Lisa smiled, "Of course. But let me check my schedule first."

♡♡♡

* the word means hello in case anyone doesn't get it 😉