Chapter Thirty Five - Soccer Games and Cool Auntie Vibes

☼ Sunny ☼

We're back at the station sipping the worst coffee I've ever tasted.....I know it's the worst because I'm actually wishing this was tea instead.

"I could nail Talbot right now on physical evidence alone." Sheriff dumbass says while he refills his coffee.

"Except for the fact that Talbot isn't our unsub." I state not bothering to look at him.

"Exactly. It doesn't fit the unsub's actual behavior. This guy uses forensic countermeasures. He doesn't leave evidence all over the place." Derek agrees trying to explain it to Montell.

"Not too mention you would have to be the dumbest...."

"Finnegan." Hotch warns as I shut my mouth.

"Our unsub's attempting to frame Talbot. When Angela got away, he probably panicked." Spence says getting us back on track.

"Which made him think he could pin it on Talbot." I add next to Spence, his hand resting on my thigh again.

"He must have known Marcy had a connection to Talbot's photography class." Derek mentions from across the table.

"And that Talbot has a proclivity towards girls that age." Spence says.

"We're on the right track. We're looking for somebody with a similar story to Talbot. He's a resident of Lake Worth even if he's not a native." Hotch states before Ashley interrupts him. "And it's likely he has ties to other parts of the state."

"He's running away from something. Our unsub must have known Talbot had a secret because he has one, too." Rossi says.

"A secret pedophile anonymous group for two..." I say nonchalantly.

"Finnegan....please." Hotch lets out a sigh holding his temples again.

"How do we find it, not the pedophile anonymous thing....the secret." Montell says. "Talbot's got a lawyer on the way. If I don't book him now, he walks."

"Then the longer we can keep Talbot in custody, the better chance we have of finding Marcy." Hotch states.

"And if he's released?" Montell asks.

"The unsub will do whatever he needs to do to survive." Derek tells him.

"And we lose Marcy." I add, my stomach turning at the thought.

Hotch looks over to Ashley, "Seaver go to the Owens cottage, see if you can take a look at Marcy through the unsubs eyes." He orders. She nods her head leaving.

"Angela's autopsy is almost finished." Montell mentions.

"Reid, look at the report when it comes in.....Dave, you and Morgan stay on Talbot. He knows who this guy is even if he's not aware of it. Finnegan, do what you do best and find the connection between them all."

I nod my head before walking out of the room to dial Penny's number. She answers quickly as her voice meets my ears. "Hello my gorgeous goddess."

"You sure know how to make a girl blush, Black Queen." I muse.

"Using my hacker name gets you mucho points my love.....so tell me what you need?" She questions.

"I need it all Pen. Every person that has interacted with both Talbot and Marcy. Even something insignificant." I tell her.

"You know that's going to be stacks and stacks of paper right?"

"My boyfriend isn't the only one who can read quickly." I state with a smile looking through the window seeing Spence talking with Hotch and Montell at the table.