Chapter 3: Titan in the Depths

The following days was just a repeated cycle. Yue and Noir became friends quickly as the prideful and quietly playful types. They embarked on an endless slaughtering of monsters in the labyrinth. The floors were endlessly diverse. There were similar ones, but there were more frequently unique ones. One had an environment akin to a rainforest, another was akin to a desert, and one was in a blizzard.

Throughout the nonstop assault of our two sorcerers, there were numerous suspicious attempts by Yue—the girl who Noir rescued. There were times where Yue would make all kinds of false blunders just to have Noir pamper her, or times she'd presumably, coincidentally, accidentally, just out of chance, sit on his lap.

After leaving that room that sealed away the vampiric princess, she insisted that Noir gives her a name. She legit pledged undying and eternal loyalty, deeming herself "Noir's One True Slave," which kind of creeped out Noir surprisingly. So, he settled for Yue on a whim, reasoning that her hair shone like the moon upon entering that room.

Now, the two sorcerers are on a killing spree. Yue was an incredibly talented sorcerer, something Noir complimented her with. She had an abundant amount of mana and can directly manipulate it at will without the need for incantations of any kind. Not only that, but she was nigh immortal, which was the reason she survived 300 years of being sealed. She won't die unless she's out of mana completely. She also has incredible mastery over the main elements, making her extremely versatile and troublesome as an opponent since she can fire off spells at long-distance instantly and effortlessly. She didn't possess the standard weakness of sorcerers.

Of course, Noir fed her well. He gave her food and drinks created through his own authority of creating matter from mana. Unexpectedly, Noir himself developed a sweet tooth. He frequently creates food and beverages directly from Hajime Nagumo's memories, the delicacies of Japanese tongue. And the demon enjoys it very much.

•••

Three more days passed. Just like that.

"Is this it? The final room?" Noir spoke out amidst the silence. The new floor they'd descended to had nothing else around aside from a suspiciously luxurious looking door. It was gigantic, too. "Probably like a boss room, right?" He added as he side-eyed Yue while pointing at the door. It reminded Noir that this was a vast world, sixty percent larger than the world Hajime Nagumo came from. He almost forgot since ever since coming into this world, he's seen nothing but the inside of the Orcus Labyrinth.

Noir donned a smile of mischievousness and excitement. "I can finally leave this place once and for all!"

Yue just responded with a smile of her own. Talking as if he can't just bust his way up to the first floor, she thought. She almost said it out loud, but she managed to hold it in. She didn't doubt it. Witnessing a glimpse of Noir's insurmountable power, she'd never ever doubt his reliability in battle. Nevertheless, Yue also spent a moment to take a look at their own states. By Noir's own will, he gave her fashionable clothes. She was wearing modern Japanese casual clothes.

Draped in fabrics of contemporary style, she strides through the chaotic labyrinth like a walking canvas of urban elegance. She wears a cropped faux-leather jacket, its sleek lines accentuating her silhouette. Beneath, a delicately knit sweater in a soft pastel hue peek out—a subtle sophistication. Adorning her lower half, high-waisted tailored trousers flow effortlessly, their wide legs swaying with each step she takes. Completing the attire, is a pair of chunky platform sneakers to add a playful touch of urban chic, while oversized sunglasses perched atop her head imbue a hint of retro glamour while complimenting her crimson radiant eyes. With her hair styled in loose waves, and a confident stride that speaks volumes.