Chapter 4 - Eyes of Heaven

Unknown location

Once again, the group of S-Class missing ninja known as the Akatsuki found themselves meeting again. Only to be surprised by results of their mission. The supposed leader, currently identifying himself as Pain, knew this was a big risk but had a big payout as a result should the mission had succeeded. Only to find Itachi as the only survivor despite having sent four members of his group to Konoha during the invasion.

"You had best explain yourself Itachi. How did you lose your partner as well as the Immortal Duo?" Pain asked.

Itachi exhaled a lot of air, "If I were any less experienced, I would say a literal monster did this. One that made Kisame look like a roll of sushi." he said earning a scoff. "That alone prompted Kisame to stay behind and fend off the new threat." he explained.

"That explains almost nothing." Pain said sounding annoyed. "Did the three jinchuriki work together?" he asked.

Itachi shook his head, "It was the Kyuubi jinchuriki alone. When I had caught him in my Tsukuoymi, I stumbled upon something stronger and more dangerous than the bijuu themselves." he said, but Pain did not take it seriously.

A man who had gone so far to call himself a god and that peace is achieved through human eradication says a lot. Then again, if this were Greek mythology, then Pain would fit right in. As he saw himself as greater than man and that he could do no wrong. Even going as far as to believe that nothing could stop him or his ambitions.

"I doubt something that powerful could exist." Pain said.

In the background, a man in an orange spiral mask watched from his hidden corner. Looking at Pain with eyes of disappointment. Realizing that Pain was too arrogant and in his current state, the man is a great danger and deal great damage that many villages cannot handle. However, he was far from reaching the true potential anyone else with those eyes had.

"Then you are entitled to your opinion Leader-sama. However, it does not excuse that this being had killed Killer Bee while in bijuu form as well as the Imortal Duo before Kisame decided to recklessly take him on." Itachi replied.

Kisame was never a friend to Itachi and that did not matter. The man was bloodhirsty and always open to a fight. So he saw Naruto's new form as a fun challenge. Ironically, it was Hidan who saw Naruto as a perfect sacrifice and while he was the weakling of this organization. Hidan was the first to fall... permanently. Kakazu took his chance and thought Naruto's heart must be worth more than the ones he currently had with the power he displayed. Yet that ended the same way as it did with Hidan, but even then Kakazu attempted to cut his losses and failed.

"And how powerful could the Kyuubi jinchuriki have gotten?" Pain asked.

"The boy hid his skills somehow. That aside, he did something no other human has done." Itachi said.

"Itachi's scared all of a sudden." Deidara mocked before being silenced.

"He ripped out Hidan's sould after ripping him apart. I am not sure if that happened to Kisame or if he fell like a warrior." Itachi continued to explain.

'Similar to my Human Path? No, how would a boy not even 15 years of age obtained such a power?' Pain thought. "And what of the jinchuriki? Is the Hachibi really deceased and the Nibi imprisoned?" he asked.

"The Hachibi I am mostly certain, but I have heard rumors as to how quick witted he is. It could be a trick" Itachi said as he wasn't sure what was going on anymore.

"No matter, we will have to push back out goal another three years and find new recruits by then." Pain said as he had confidence in obtaining the bijuu. "Especially with rumors of the Kyuubi jinchuriki's death. We will have to claim the Kyuubi by then. Especially as most of the villages are at their weakest." he said.