Chapter 3 - Buried Secrets

Remnants of Liones

Ban and King were just staring in confusion as the woman kept kissing Gowther. The thought of it is very strange considering what Gowther is. Sure he's shown to cry tears and his body feels like flesh. However he doesn't bleed or feel pain when his head is ripped off. So was Nadja kissing wood or...you know what? Humans have done stranger things that questions whether or not it was a good idea for them to exist.

"Gowther... what is this?" King asked before the doll suddenly invaded Nadja's mind.

Nadja shook her head once it was over. When she was suddenly lifted into a hug and spun around.

"Ok that's enough, care to explain who this lady is?" Ban asked with an annoyed expression.

Then Ban was immediately terrified by Gowther. The doll did something horrifying that made the ruthless thief turned bijuu feel like his skin was crawling. Making him wish that he was facing the Demon King again or the original Kyuubi.

Gowther smiled brightly and it was genuine.

"This is the real Nadja Liones!" Gowther exclaimed.

Veronica scoffed, "Don't make stuff up! My aunt died when my father was a child!" she said angrily.

"Oh you must be Bartra's daughter." Nadja said as Veronica looked annoyed.

"I think I should help with this." Gowther said as he connected Nadja's mind to Veronica's.

A few minutes later, Veronica shook her head as she stared at Nadja with wide eyes. As a precaution, Naruto recommended everyone take a seal to cancel attacks against the mind. Of course it had to be renewed and replaced every so often to avoid any possible damage. The seal she had on was recently adjusted by the village and despite how much stronger Gowther's power was compared to Ino's clan. They still had the ability to manipulate memories and information which Ino failed to do during the chunin exams.

In other words, what Veronica saw was genuine as the seal would have damaged anything Nadja would have presented. At least that's what Veronica assumed.

"...oh my." Veronica was at a loss for words.

"Your highness if you look at it. She does look like you with slightly different features." Jericho pointed out.

Mainly around the eyes and maybe the nose. Everything else looked the same, but the hair which Veronica kept short. For some reason as everyone compared both princesses, the two were making the exact poses whenever they moved. Awkwardly crossing their arms, putting their hands on their hips and even scratching their heads.

"Okay, okay, you two can play the mirror game later. For now, we need to find out whatever was making all noise or whatever Herodias mentioned was happening." Ban said.

"Oh you mean the light? I did that hoping someone would come. Although, I was rather nervous considering the fact that I learned about the new world." Nadja explained.

"So you know Nadja?" Gowther asked.

Nadja nodded sadly, "I woke up and found out that my kingdom is gone Gowther. Not only that, someone left a journal describing these "Ninja Lands" as they put it." she said surprising some of them.

"Wait, did Naruto drop a book when he went searching for us?" Jericho asked as no one had been to Liones since Naruto and Ban arrived.

"Better yet, how did we miss my aunt? Even if we ignore my aunt's sudden revival, that doesn't explain how she's been alone for son long. It's been a few months since Naruto found us after all." Veronica asked making a good point.