eight | what are we?

hi i forgot to mention this story is set in Japan lol 

+

tuesday + 11:00

you remained confused about what transpired between you and scaramouche the other night. so much that you were lost in your thoughts during the entire lecture, causing you to blankly stare off at the nearest wall.

your strange behaviour caught the attention of the purple haired male. he gave you a concerned look, but shook it off and continued listening to the lecture.

following the class, a certain question stayed in your mind. one you desperately needed to ask a specific individual. your heart that once played along to a calm beat was now a symphony of erratic instruments as you pulled out your phone.

however, you decided to wait until you reached your home, for you couldn't stand the glances you would receive from other students. you clenched your phone tightly, quickly making your way home.

x

the moment you closed the front door, an adrenaline rush coursed throughout your body. your heart beating out of your chest as you shakily grabbed your phone out. swallowing a lump in your throat, you opened the chat.

boyfriend (weird purple kid)

11:25

y/n

what are we?

delivered

locking your phone, you shoved it back in your pocket and walked to your room. 'deep breaths, deep breaths. breathe in, breathe out..' you anxiously awaited his response. this could completely ruin your relationship or progress it to the next level. either way, you were still confused about your feelings.

you were cooped up with your thoughts, contemplating and overanalysing every situation in which you two have interacted, trying to determine if there were any signs or signals that he sent.

but to no avail; your brain was about to combust from overthinking. however, that certain someone did text you back.

boyfriend (weird purple kid)

11:34

scaramouche

we're in a fake relationship

what do you want me to say?

y/n

i just want to know your thoughts

do you like me?

scaramouche

if i said i didn't like you, i'd be lying

and you?

y/n

likewise, fake boyfriend

scaramouche

what do you like about me?

y/n