t w e l v e

Stiles was in awe as he took out the snow globe, a baby blue glass flower in the center surrounded by white plastic snow.

"I was at the mall and I saw this and thought of you. This color always reminds of you. It makes me feel safe" she said.

Stiles was stunned as he looked up, past them, to his baby blue jeep that sat in the parking lot. "I love it," he said, his voice was quiet and he couldn't believe that someone would get him a random just thinking about you gift.

"I feel bad. I didn't get you anything" he said.

"I have control because of you. You're my anchor. That a pretty great present" she said.

Bella walked by them and groaned. "You two are disgusting," she said. When she walked in she saw Allison waiting for her at her locker.

"Allison? Hey," she hadn't heard from her all weekend. Bella didn't know if what happened at the school freaked her out enough to not want to be friends or if her family told her to.

"Hey! Sorry, I didn't check in all weekend. I was kind of just...processing" Allison laughed.

"Don't worry about it. It was pretty insane. How do you feel now?" Bella asked.

"Like I need to thank you. And Scott" she said and Bella was thoroughly confused.

"Thank us? For what?" she asked.

"You two going out there. Risking your lives. I was too scared to even move. Practically shaking and I feel terrible about it. Weak even" she sighed.

"You're not weak. What happened that night was...terrifying. Being scared doesn't make you weak. It makes you human. If anything it'd be weird if you weren't scared. Scott and I were terrified" Bella said.

"Speaking of Scott" Allison mumbled, gesturing to Scott walking up to them.

Bella turned and smiled and waved as he walked over.

"I should go," Allison said. "But I'll see you at lunch?"

"Yeah. I'll see you" Bella nodded as Scott walked over and greeted her with a kiss.

"Hey. What was that about?" he asked.

"She wanted to thank us," Bella told him. Scott was just as confused as she was.

"For what?" he asked.

"Apparently, we're heroes" she laughed.

Scott couldn't wipe the smug smile off his face. "I mean, we kinda are."

"Sure we are. Let's see if your superpowers help you pass this chemistry test" she laughed.

"You know. If you whisper the answers. I'll be able to hear you" he said.

"Scott. I am not helping you cheat!"

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"All right, geniuses, listen up" Coach called, as all the players gathered around in the locker room. "Due to the recent pinkeye epidemic, thank you, Greenberg, the following people have made first line on a probationary basis, emphasis on the word probationary," he said.

Stiles perked up, praying that Greenburg's pinkeye was going to do him some good. "Rodriguez" he called, a group of players clapping for their friend. "Welcome to first line."

"Taylor, and...uh. For the love of crap. I can't even read my own writing. What is that, an S?" he mumbled, Stiles nearing the edge of his seat.

"No, no, no. That's a...that's a... that's a B. That's a B. It's definitely a B. Uh, Rodriquez, Taylor, and...uh, Bilinski!"