Chapter 23

It was another normal day at the Sims' house. Jake woke up from the sunlight flashing in his eyes when one of the maids entered his room and opened the blinds. The whole room lit up and the pastel green coloured wall looked alive and bright as if wishing a good morning to the Omega. He sat on his bed watching the maid picking up his clothes from the laundry basket.

" Good morning, dear."

The maid wished while sorting out the clothes and putting them back in the basket.

" Morning."

Jake wished her back before going back to his phone.

The maids have been doing most of the chores for Jake since he was very little but it still made him feel uncomfortable. Although, he never insisted on talking to the maids. He knew the words will reach to his mother instantly and he'll have to sit for hours listening to his mother's concerns about him. More precisely, his weaknesses.

" The breakfast will be ready in thirty minutes, dear."

The maid told Jake taking him out of his thoughts. Jake nodded and smiled at her.

" Thank you Laura."

" Always dear."

She grinned and bowed before leaving the room. Jake got out from his bed and went straight to shower. A few minutes later, he stepped out of the shower and walked straight to his closet. As he began picking up the fit he wished to wear today, he felt a pinch inside his chest. A tiny but painful pinch.

Startled, the Omega rested his hand on his chest and rubbed it gently hoping that the subtle pain would go away. And it did but it made Jake anxious, he had been taking medicines accordingly and eating a healthy meal fifteen times a week. Never had he ever felt the pain after the last surgery he did when he was in highschool.

A fragment of the past he would forever remember as the man he loved the most was there with him. Holding his hands and calling him the bravest and the most beautiful person on the earth, while he tried his best to get well soon which he did. But now, as the pain in his chest slowly disappeared he felt scared, he could feel his heartbeat getting faster and his hands shaking with fear. He felt alone and weaker than ever.

It's nothing. You're gonna be alright. Everything's fine.

***

Jay got up from his bed feeling energised. He took a shower, put on his black jeans and an orange T shirt with plack leaves designed on it. Apparently, the leaves were supposed to be Marijuana that him and Sunghoon won at a party for being able to chug one huge bottle of beer in thirty seconds.

Jay jumped down the stairs with his backpack, a black puffer jacket and his car keys in his hands. Love was in the kitchen with her husband making breakfast, chatting and laughing together at the weird shape of the egg they made.

Jay admired his parents love for each other from across the table with a huge smile on his face. It was evident that no matter what, his parents loved each other. In fact, they were destined for one another.

" Oh, honey! When did you get down here?"

Love asked looking pleased to see Jay.

" Just now but i am heading out now."

The Beta told his parents and walked towards the door in a hurry.

" What about breakfast?"

" I'll grab something on my way."