"Tomo, give me something to stop the bleeding." Tomo didn't think about it. He ripped off his yukata robe and handed it to him. He balled it up and pressed it against the back of her head. He wasn't sure how much blood she had lost but he would make sure she didn't lose any more. Soon the girls came down the side of the rock.

"Is... is she okay?" One of them asked. He didn't look at them.

"She hit her head on the rock." Another one of them hid her face in her hands and cried. He turned to see Emi peeking out like a coward behind one of her friends.

"You almost killed her." He hissed, fixing his gaze straight on her. She grew even more pale and swallowed tightly.

"Hiroto... I didn't... I just..."

"Shut up. Don't talk to me. Keep your fucking mouth shut." He turned his eyes back on Rae and soon, her breathing became stable.

"Rae?" He asked, softly moving her wet curls out of her face. Her breath was his answer.

"I almost lost you today. Do you know how scared I am right now?" He spoke quietly against her cheek. Tears came again and he cried against her, his shoulders shaking. He bit his lip to quiet the cries. She looked so tiny and frail. The color still hadn't returned to her face yet and she looked gray.

"We should get her back to the house Hiro." Tomo spoke up sullenly. He wiped the tears from his face and took a shaky breath. He lifted her in his arms, the blood from the back of her head dripping on his chest.

"Tomo. Get the yukata. It's coming out again." How his voice was so calm was beyond him. He rushed and gently placed the robe underneath her head. He tightened his grip on her and turned to face the rest of the group.

"We're leaving." He walked past them, setting eyes on Emi as he passed.

"Today you almost took something from me. I will pay you back." He said nothing else as he continued past her.

"Someone grab her yukata and kinchaku." He called before growing farther away from them. In the sun, the water started to evaporate from him. But she still looked so wet and cold.

"Just a little bit longer. Then we'll be home." He spoke softly to her unresponsive body. Her eyes were closed but what gave him strength was the small breaths she blew on his chest. As long as she was breathing, he would be okay.

"Hiro, wait up." The others had started to run, all except Emi. She stayed back. They walked with him and soon they came in sight of the house. The girls ran ahead. Frantic voices were heard and soon, servants and Hana came out side. At the sight of Rae, Hana rushed to him.

"What happened to her?!"

"Just get her inside. She's bleeding from the back of her head." They picked her up from his arms and carried her inside. Hana stood there, fists tight. She looked past him and settled her eyes on Emi. She already knew. She said not a word and turned to go back into the house. He stood there, still.

"It'll be all right. She'll be okay Hiro." Tomo spoke softly before patting his shoulder. He pulled Minase against him and entered the house. He felt Emi's presence behind him.

"I'm... I'm sorry Hiroto."

"....That's not good enough."

"I just wanted to scare her." She came closer to him. This once. He would allow it this once. He reached up and grabbed her by her hair, pulling her close. She gripped his wrist.