chapter 5

"I don't really wanna become a ninja."
"So what's stopping you?"

— Hana Fuji Kaze—

"Wanna go eat something? My treat!"

Kakashi and Y/n left the meeting a few minutes after it ended. Kakashi did a small catch up with an old friend before deciding to leave. It just so happened that Y/n wanted to also go, so she made a grand exit with the copy ninja himself.

"Sure." Kakashi replied, putting away his book.

He knew he could have time reading it later. After all, during the Chunin Exams, he probably won't have enough time to spend with a certain [color] haired girl......

Kakashi realized how bad that sounded in his head. It's not like he has a crush on her. She's just... refreshing? A new change of environment? Obviously, there was something about her that caught his eye. He couldn't say even though it was at the top of his tongue.

"There's this new sweets cafe I heard about from Kurenai." Y/n began, trying to remember where it was. "She said that Asuna and her went a few days ago."

Was this a date? Awfully enough, this sounded like a familiar scene in Make Out Paradise. Despite the book being completely erotic from the introduction to the ending, there was still some cute couple scenes. Kakashi was recalling it.

The female lead mentioned about a new restaurant that opened in the area, so the male lead decided to go eat there. They (indirectly) declared it was a date, ate a few foods, had a cutesy interaction scene with blush blush, and then they headed back to their hotel room and had....

Kakashi shook his head, removing his thoughts then glancing over to Y/n, who was pondering of where the location of the cafe was.

"Hm? You don't want to go?" Y/n asked, noticing Kakashi's odd behavior.

"I know what you're talking about." Kakashi said, beginning to lead the way.

Y/n cheered, happily following beside Kakashi.

No, this isn't a date. It's just two friends hanging out after work. Friends??? God, Kakashi was confused. Were they even considered friends? It was just coincidental bump-ins and meetings.

Soon enough, the two found the cafe that Y/n had mentioned. It was a rather cutely decorated cafe with a few posters advertising the area. Considering the time, it was probably a bit past lunch, so not a lot of people were left in the cafe. The two completely opposites of a pair decided to sit outside in the patio area, being brought menus from one server before choosing out what they should eat.

"Woww! This menu has so many options!" Y/n happily scrolled through and flipped through the menu's various times, surprised that there was a lot of options.