“Yes. Give me a minute.” She was quiet for a few seconds. The ringing came back in.

After a moment, Lacch's voice came in. “Uh. Hello?”

“Lacch.. it's me, Euan. Your brother.” He slowly said, his nerves heavy.

The line was quiet. No one spoke for a minute.

“Hi..” Their voice was soft, nervous.. Unsure. “Why are you calling me?”

“I just- wanted to remind you I'm alive.. It's been years since we have talked. I miss you..” Euan glanced at Cody and waved at him to leave. Cody quickly stood and made his way out.

“Euan. You abandoned us. You are trying to contact me in.. in bad ways. You are trying to turn me against Emmit. Not to mention I really don't appreciate you using demons to get in my head”

“I'm sorry but Lacch, please. You have to understand. I was scared! And Emmit, please, look at everything he's done! It's so hard for you to see the truth because he remade you! I know how to help you though. I can fix you-”

Lacch interrupted. “Fix me?! Fix me?! I don't need to be fixed! I'm perfectly fine and happy! And guess what! Emmit's my boyfriend now and I love him! I love him more than you! Because you left us and now you are coming back using demons and working with a killer!”

“Cody only kills because Emmit forces him to! Don't you dare bring Cody into this! He is a damn good man! Better than that piece of shit Emmit could ever be!” Euan's voice was shaky. He heard Lacch gasp.

“How dare you..” They whispered. “You're foul.. I'm disappointed to be your sibling. Morn my death, cause you are never going to speak to me again!” Lacch's voice was shaking, it was obvious they were on the edge of tears. “I hope you burn in hell with the demons you summon!” Their words were laced with malice. Pure hatred.

“Lacch no, please I'm sor-!”

Lacch hung up.

Euan could feel his heart ache and shatter. His little sibling.. his little Lacch. The person he swore to always protect, to always love unconditionally.. “Fuck..” he shook his head. He could feel his whole body shaking. What did he do? Why did he fuck up so bad? He can't give up, can he?

He sure as hell wanted to give up. Wanted to go to the roof. Take one too many steps close to the edge. See if he could fly.

Feeling little control over his body, Euan made his way out of the office and down the hall. His steps felt hollow. His mind felt empty. He felt lost. His little sibling.. the person he strived to protect. Hated him? Hated him for trying his best to protect him? He was a failure.

To the elevator. He pressed the buttons and felt the elevator slowly ascend. Up up up. Euan smiled, his heart beating uncontrollably. “Up up up before I fall down down down.” He shakily laughed.

The door to the elevator opened. He walked across the small rooftop room. As he opened the door, he was hit by a cool breeze and soft raindrops.

Euan loved the rain.

He took heavy steps across the rooftop, closer and closer to the edge of the building. With each step, a memory flashed through his mind.

Lacch first starting school.
Lacch's first real friend
Lacch's first love.
Lacch's first heartbreak..
Lacch's coming out.
Lacch's death.
Lacch's rebirth.
Lacch changing.
Lacch's obsession with Emmit.
Lacch's distance towards others.
Lacch reacting to thinking Euan died
Lacch talking to Euan again
Lacch's hate towards Euan.
Lacch's anger towards Euan.