07

Emmit sat behind his computer, he was thinking. His brows were furrowed and an annoyed flair was in his eyes.

“Wattpad, huh?” Asked Lacch as they floated into the room.

“It's where Cody first set up the account. To try to get closer to Devin. It's not my favorite. But the site is where I've found Devin to be most prevalent. We can track them through this and do what needs to be done.”

“Do what needs to be done?” Thought Lacch. “You mean.. kill them?” They whispered. They shuffled uncomfortably and looked at the screen. “There are other ways to defeat a cult, y'know?”

“No. Lacch. This is what I have to do. Kill Cody. Kill Devin. We win. But.. we need to gather people behind our cause. They already somewhat know about me. Before I left the cult, I was simply known by M. I'm going to follow that. I made an account called Anti_Cult_M. I plan to recruit people against the cult. Gather some power. Then, we strike.”

“I.. I don't think people will want to follow you if you are planning to kill people, Emmit.” Said Lacch, they hated to admit it, but they were growing nervous.

“I won't tell them my plan then. If they ask I will just say I plan to get the police involved or something. Whatever the case, I don't intend for them to know the truth. Just give them enough info so that they hate the cult and love me.”

“That's.. manipulative. Dear.. maybe I should help. I can come in and make sure things go smooth. Be a middle ground of sorts “ 

“No.” Said Emmit. “ First thing first, I'm not manipulative. I'm just trying to keep these innocent people out of it while still trying to make them aware of it. Secondly- I don't want you getting involved. At least not yet. This is dangerous. I only want you to help if something bad happens to me.” Emmit turned to face Lacch. “Alright, love? Will you do that? Do it for me? I know you love me.”

Lacch instantly relaxed as they heard Emmit's words. “Yes.. I do love you..” they paused. “But still-”

Emmit walked closer to Lacch and put a finger where Lacch's mouth would be. “Shhh.. shush now dear. I know what has to be done. You are going to be good and do as I say, right?”

Lacch quickly nodded, flustered by the sudden attention from Emmit. “Yes.. ah.. yes. I will do as you say.”

Emmit smiled. “Good.. So good. So perfect. You truly are amazing.” He stepped away from Lacch. “Good indeed.. Hah! You are a wonderful friend!”

The ghost could feel their heart break a bit. “Yes.. friend. I'm a good friend.” 

They let out a heartbroken sigh and moved away. “I'm going to go make dinner..” they said. “I.. I love you.”

Their words were too quiet to be heard by the preoccupied Emmit.