Chapter 7

This is the last chapter, I decided to end it here.

"Yesterday after class, Lucas told me that he was going to tell you he liked you. I knew that if you two both liked each other you'd start dating and well.." Maya started. "I didn't want you to start spending all your time with him instead of me." Maya explained. "I was...jealous..."

"Maya, I have a confession. I never actually liked Lucas as more than a friend. I only pretended to like him just to make you jealous... because the truth is Maya, you're the only one I really love. I guess I thought that if you saw me fall for someone else...it would somehow make you fall for me." Riley explained.

Maya was in shock. Was she dreaming? Did she even hear what Riley just said? Did the love of her life just confess to loving her back?

"..." Maya opened her mouth as if to speak, but no words came out. She didn't want to say something wrong. So Riley turned around on top of Maya now sitting on Maya the way Maya had been on her on the couch before. Riley put her arms around Maya's neck and rest her forehead against Maya's. The feelings Maya was getting from the way Riley was sitting on her were unmistakable.

"Just tell me you love me too." Riley said looking straight into Maya's eyes while slowly tracing her tongue over her upper lip. Maya blushed hard and was still unable to speak so she just leaned in and kissed Riley forcefully and passionately. Riley tilted her head up and allowed Maya to continue kissing and sucking down her neck. For the first time (in her memory) Maya felt complete happiness.

"I love you so much, Maya." Riley said to her best friend beneath her.

"I love you, Riley, more than anything." Maya said panting.

Riley told Maya the rest of what had happened before Maya had woken up. Including the bit where Riley had to find Maya's phone. Maya was very embarrassed at hearing about it, but also wished she had been conscious to enjoy it.

"You um...have a nice chest..."Riley commented. Maya smiled awkwardly.

"You're just all around beautiful." Maya said blushing hard.

Riley pressed her lips into Maya's in a passionate kiss. They both felt the magic between them and knew they were finally with the person they would want to be with for the rest of their lives. Maya pulled away from the kiss and looked into Riley's eyes.

"I love you so much, Riley." Maya said pulling Riley in and holding her close.

"I love you more than anything, Maya." Riley said embracing her best friend and lover.

They continued to hold each other until the morning. The storm still had as much power as ever.*