Chapter 4

"Farkle! I Don't know what to do! Maya-"

"Riley! I Have to explain something to you-" Farkle yelled through the phone.

"Ahhhhh!" Riley screamed as Maya's fist bashed through the closet door.

"Riley whatever you do DON'T make Maya angry!" was the last thing Farkle said before Riley's phone died.

"WHO WERE YOU TALKING TO?!" Maya demanded clearly jealous and furious.

"I-It was just Fark-"

"IT WAS BUCKY MCBOING BOING WASN'T IT?!" Maya accused.

"N-no Maya...I-I-"

"THAT STUPID COWBOY THINKS HE'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE. WHY SHOULD HE DESERVE YOU MORE THAN I DO?"

"M-Maya...you're scaring me..." Riley was shaking.

"Riley, I've been in love with you for years. It IS NOT okay with me that some "Mr. Perfect" thinks he can just come along and ask out MY girl!"

Hearing that from Maya caused Riley to space out for a moment as she imagined:

Riley grabbed Maya by the shirt and pulled her into an unexpected passionate kiss. Riley could help it, Maya looked really good when she was angry. But as soon as Maya realized what Riley was doing, all her anger disappeared and she melted into Riley's kiss.

"That's why I said 'no'." Riley said once the two had pulled apart.

Riley was pulled back into reality when Maya pinned her against the wall. Maya was looking at Riley with eyes like daggers, eyes that were only met by the fear-filled watering eyes of her best friend. Maya could see the fear in Riley's eyes, and soon Maya's eyes filled with guilt.

"I'm so sorry, Riley." Maya said as she pulled Riley into a tight hug. "I didn't mean to scare you like that. I just love you so much."

Riley didn't know what to say. But she knew now that Farkle had something to do with it. If only her phone hadn't died, she could call him and find out what was going on.

Maya picked up Riley and carried her into her room. She placed Riley on her bed and climbed on top of her. Then she unbuttoned the top button of Riley's pajama shirt and began placing kisses all over Riley's neck and collarbone. Riley was not used to this kind of attention and her back arched in response to Maya's kisses.

A sudden loud roar of thunder caused both girls to jump and stop what they were doing. Riley looked back at Maya through the dim light of the candles. Maya looked very dizzy.

"Maya...are you alright?" Riley asked but then Maya just collapsed on the bed beside Riley.

Dang it...Farkle...I need to find out what's going on with Maya. Riley thought. Riley began searching for Maya's phone so she could call Farkle. She couldn't find it anywhere. She looked over at her best friend passed out on the bed.

"Don't worry Maya. I'm gonna find out what Farkle did to you." Riley said as she pushed her best friend's hair out of her face. Riley then lie down beside Maya and began to snuggle into her. Where could Maya's phone possibly be? Riley thought.

Then it hit her. Riley realized that she already knew where Maya kept her phone. Maya kept her phone...

Riley was confused. It was..

..in her bra...