Chapter 12

Need to give credit to that one reader because I see what they mean tbh. THANKS TO KJ! I genuinely wasn't thinking much of certain characters points of views put their comment made me realize I truly have a lot actually, I have most of their povs in my head but since I don't focus on them on most episodes I just let them be, but it's interesting to see so here we go.

I will be putting Serenas thoughts in italic but technically this will be kind of with third person writing wise, it's just that I don't believe I am able to write a first person pov properly.

Anyways to the story.

OH ALSO CERY IMPORTANT SORRY. This is not completely exactly like the series I am going to change most of the initial part on how Serena and Carter were, for example instead of them going after her dad they just were partying around together.

/////////////////
//////////

(Technically YEARS AGO, as in Season 2 ending, so we are going from the start of this fanfic kind of. When Dan ran away but this part will be a little before that)

After graduation Serena just wanted to get everything off her mind. The upper east side, her family, Dan, Nate, Blair, Gossip Girl. She was burned out, and so she went to Europe. Unexpectedly she met the one and only Carter Baizen there, the man she and Chuck successfully drove out of the city.

They kept on meeting each other for no specific reason nor on purpose...at least initially. After a few weeks they started going to a few parties together, talking, getting harassed by paparazzi and making plans a little bit like friends but of course in the end it wasn't all in the name of friendship, fortunately or unfortunately they didn't have enough time to fully explore the depths of their relationship.

Soon enough Serena was back to New York. After that only drama issued. Serena had just gotten home from the Airport, she walked into her mothers apartment and the whole family except for Dan was there. Her mother walked towards her and hugged her.

- Serena, never do that again I was worried -said Lily hugging her daughter-

- Yes mom. -said Serena before looking at the rest, they all looked worried and in need of sleep she could tell something had happened- What happened? -asked the blonde-

- Dan disappeared. -said Rufus- He disappeared a week or two after graduation or so it seems. I had texted him during that period of time and he didn't answer, I called but the phone was off service. I contact all his friends and the family and no one had heard of him. -Rufus looked sad and hurt, probably thinking the worst had happened to his son-

Serena's thoughts
There is no way Dan got kidnapped or something like that. Maybe he just needed time to process his life or something, just like I did. He will come back (to me) soon he always does.

- Well maybe he just wanted to escape for some time? -said the young blonde-

- Let's hope so. -said Lily-

Weeks passed, then months, then eventually a year and no one had heard of Dan Humphrey. Rufus and Lily were still looking but after one year all hope seemed to have disappeared. Besides this during that time nothing was calm if anything it was even more electric than normal, for Serena it was Carter and Nate, her main problems, more so Carter, also she found out she had an older brother , Scoot, whom she had no idea about a few months ago, that also took the attention from the mission "looking for Dan" after the founding of the long lost son was almost non existent truth be told. Dan was still in the back of Serena's mind, sometimes she asked herself if her going away had caused his disappearance. She felt partially guilty for not really spending a lot of time looking for him, if at all, it was just that her life just wouldn't let her.