"What!?! What happened! Imma be right there! Do you need-"

"Yes I need for you to bring me some clothes from the house and lock it up okay?"

"Don't worry." I hung up the phone and placed my head in my hands, bobbing my legs up and down. Fargo tried to comfort me as he rubbed his hand over my back, whispering reassuring words to me.

"Dice! Dice!" I look up to see Tam and her husband frantically making their way over. I stood and she tackled me into a bear hug.

"Dice what happened?"

"I don't know! Can you tell me anything that happened yesterday?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary. Jewell was playing with the other kids, then they had nap time and Jessica came over to-"

"Jessica was there?" I had a gut feeling she was behind this.

"Yes, I stepped out and she was in the room watching the kids for at least five minutes tops. Once I came back she was saying that she had to leave." It seems as though it hit her and she went to turn around and charge out the door, but her husband grabbed her.

"No let me go! That Heffa is gonna die today! I let her into my place and this is what she does!" Tam exclaimed. Her husband finally calmed her down and she came back over to me.

"We need to talk to the police okay?" I nodded and grabbed the clothes from her before heading to the bathroom. After I changed I headed out to see the doctor talking to them. I immediately rushed over.

"What's going on? What's wrong with my baby?" I asked. The doctor looked over at me.

"Are you the mother, Paradise Redding?" I nodded.

"Well Jewell had a substantial amount of pesticide poisoning in her. Which caused her liver to fail. We have an immediate donor, but payment options are what need to be discussed."

"Payment is nothing, we can afford it just get in there and save our daughter." Fargo said. The doctor nodded before turning back.

"Mam, we need to discuss what happened." I looked past Fargo to see two police officers.

"Yeah Sure can um...they come to?"

"Do they play a part in what happened to the child?"

"Yes."

"Yes mam." We followed behind them to closed off office.

"Officer we know exactly who committed this crime against our daughter." Fargo said.

"Who might that be?"

"Jessica Hollis." Tammy says.

"Any reason why she'd commit such a heinous crime?"

"She...has never liked me. She claimed that I was always trying to compete with her and she thought she had one upped me when she slept with my fiancee at the time. After that I went to Hawaii, got knocked up by Mr Leesburg here and headed back home. She repeatedly called my child a bastard child because she had no father in her life. I never thought I'd see him again until we saw each other at the wedding. The same day Jessica became obsessed with him and tried anything to have him for herself. Insulting my daughter, stating she wasn't his. Coming by my house looking for him. Yesterday she had pushed me to far in the mall and I had slapped her. She ran off and I swore that was the last I had to deal with her, but obviously this woman is a threat to me and my family." I say ready to see her again so I could finish her crazy ass for good.

"So in other words, she was trying to rid the only connection you have to Mr Leesburg here?"

"Yes, so she could get her dirty claws on him."

"So we need to speak with the person who was on the scene when this all happened."

"That would be me." Tammy said. She started giving them her story and they left to get a search party on this maniac.

"Paradise I'm so sorry. I wish I hadn't come back now. If I had known that I would cause such chaos in your lives I would've let you be I'm just-" I grabbed his face in my hands.

"Shh Fargo, you don't have to be sorry. That little girl has been the happiest I've ever seen her when you're around. I wouldn't want for our little girl to wake up and see that her daddy is gone and is never coming back. That would break her little heart." He planted a kiss on my lips.

"I'm not going anywhere." He pulled me into his embrace. We sat and waited in the waiting area while the cops searched endlessly for Jessica and our daughter fought for her life. I couldn't keep count at how much time had went by before we actually got word that our daughter was out of surgery and resting in the ICU. That's when they finally allowed us to see her.

I would be lying if I said I didn't burst into tears. Seeing my daughter so vulnerable and pale, almost lifeless with all those tubes. It broke me. Broke me to the point where I needed help getting to my seat by her. I grabbed her little hand and prayed silently.

God just please...
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading luvs!

Pretty...emotional chapter I must say. Its not the end of this, just a cliffhanger.

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share ✨✨✨✨