Chico Nuevo?

It has been almost a full year since I've left home, and now im back, id be lying if I said I didn't miss my parents dearly, my mother is my best friend, we used to hang out and talk everyday, I guess you can say it was my clingy teenager phase but id like to think I just love her.

My dad was searching for jobs before I left, he ended up finding one a month into my stay at Brie's, he makes much more money now and my mother has started her own business, they're doing amazing now, im relieved—maybe I actually was a burden?

As I make my way out of the plane, I go to luggage terminal 5 to grab the rest of my belongings. I call a concho and give the driver the location, my parents have moved since I was last here, they got a two bedroom, 2.5 bathroom. They took out a loan, and are still paying it off but they said its for the best because it'll raise their credit score.

My driver pulls in front of the house and I was sure they had gotten the wrong address, is this the right place? Did I mispronounce a street name or something? I checked the address on the mailbox and it was correct, "wow..." I grabbed my luggage and walked up the stone path, the house was a pearly white with a flat roof and modern design, there was a big window in the front and in the driveway was a 2002 Acura.

I ring the doorbell and before it even finishes ringing, it swings open and I see my mother with the biggest smile on her face, she jumps up and down and hugs me, I always loved how excited she gets, shes so charismatic and a peoples person.

"Abril! Finalmente estás aquí, oh, te extrañé mucho!(Abril! You're finally here, oh I missed you so much!)"

You'd swear she had stars in her eyes, "Hi mami, wheres dad?" She kisses my cheek and drags me in the house, "he's at the store getting a few things for a get together, we decided to throw a party to welcome you back. Your primos, tias, and tíos will all be here tonight! They miss you so so much." She gives me one more long look and caresses my face with her hands with a soft smile on her face, I get my looks from my mother, her dark brown curly hair, and brown eyes. Anytime you stare into the for too long, you'd end up telling her all of your deepest darkest secrets.

"I missed you so much mami." I feel my eyes start to water and my vision gets blurry. "No llores mi amor! Has vuelto, divirtámonos."(Don't cry my love! You're home now, lets have fun.)

My dad comes back with the party supplies and starts to grill in the backyard, while he did thatI took a shower and explored the house a bit, it was open and light, I love breathable spaces, I feel a bit claustrophobic in closed homes, so this is perfect, especially compared to where we used to live.

I went into the backyard and my dad greeted me with a tight hug and spun me around like I weighed nothing, "Mi bebe! ¿cómo has estado?."(My Baby! How've been?" "Ive been good Papá, what are you grilling?"

"Oh just some Chorizos, filetes, the basics." He shrugs his shoulders and ruffles my hair. "Papá! I literally just did my hair!" "So? Just fix it." He laughs and goes back to the grill. Later, people start to show up, there were a few of my tias and primas that came first, one is named Jiana, the others name is Amarra, we used to hang out a lot when we were little but we drifted apart when I started isolating myself.

"Oh my god is that Abril? Hi, oh my god its been so long!" Amarra hugs me tight and Jiana walks up to my side to join in. "Hey, I've been doing good!" Me and my two favorite cousins wait until most of the guests arrive before we go to the back to my room. Two rooms, can you believe it? Hah!

"So?~" Jiana drags out as she leans closer to me from her bean bag chair, "have you met any guys yet?" She has the widest grin on her face and her eyes twinkle with intrigue. "I have actually." They squeal in unison. "Who?!" They both are practically in sync. I fill them in on me and Jasper's relationship, minus the whole supernatural aspect. I tell them how he's rich and also caring, a little too caring—protective, I wont pretend I don't like it though.