Chapter 1

📍Waterhouse, Kingston 11

November 5, Sunday

12:00 p.m.

I pry open my eyes squinting at the brightness of the sun rays that shines in my room

I pry open my eyes squinting at the brightness of the sun rays that shines in my room. Yawning I sat up stretching, sighing at the slight pain I felt.

 I stared at my door for a good ten minutes before coming back to reality. I need five to ten minutes to wake up when I've already woken up.

Dat mek sense?

I could hear my mother's voice from downstairs yelling at me to get up and saying all sorts of things but nothing I'm not used to.

After getting raped by my unknown dad, he left her and went to have a another family leaving her to raise me as  a single parent. She blamed me for all that happened through her hurtful words and actions. She hates me.

"Likkle gyal yuh nuh hear mi a call yuh?" I hear her shout. 

"I'm coming" I yell back, getting up but falling back on the bed, my sight blurry.

Dat happen when yuh low in iron my subconscious mocks

Getting up I go over to my door opening it and heading down the stairs. I walk into the leaving room seeing her seated on the couch, with her hand in her hair as she looks at me annoyed.

 I walk into the leaving room seeing her seated on the couch, with her hand in her hair as she looks at me annoyed

Weh mi do now?

"Yuh nuh know pah Sunday yuh fi wake early ah get yuh things done eh?" She asked with attitude. I know I should wake early but it doesn't matter because at the end of the day I always do my chores.

"Yes mommy, it's because I was studying all night" I sigh rubbing my eyes. I stayed up late last night going over some notes I didn't understand.

"Mek sure ano new man yuh did a talk to" She said wiping her hands with the cloth. Ever since she heard about my break up with Kyle she even hates me more saying that he's the only man who will ever want me and about how good he was for me.