➝ ᴀɴᴛꜰɪʟᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

CASSIE WAS IN deep sleep in her dimly lit room. She didn't even hear the soft whirring sound by her cracked-opine window and was still asleep.

Y/N, in the Ant-Man suit but with his helmet off, went up beside her bed and knelt. He smiled as he stared at the sleeping seven-year-old.

He hadn't been able to sleep that night as he thought about his sister. It had felt like forever since he'd seen her and his father. And now that he was about to go through with this dangerous heist the following night, he wanted to see her one last time in case there was the chance something went wrong.

But again, he knew it would be successful. Seeing his sister gave him the determination to get it done. Like Hank said, this would help save the world and protect people like Cassie. He wasn't going to have it any other way.

 He wasn't going to have it any other way

Y/N leaned in and kissed her forehead. He smiled softly at her.

"I'll be back, little star. I promise."

Afterward, he had snuck out of the room and crept down the hall. He wanted to see his dad and assumed he'd be sleeping in his room. He slowly checked inside but saw nobody on the bed.

He went inside the room and looked around the dimly lit space. Suddenly, he heard a footstep behind him and turned around. It was Scott, who came out of the bathroom and was staring back at him.

"Dad." He whispered. "Uh...hi."

Some of him thought he'd scream or frantically ask what he was doing, but Scott was as cool as a cucumber. He just looked the young man up and down.

"Hey. Um, what are you...?"

Y/N looked down at his suit and chuckled. "Yeah, it's kinda hard to explain."

"I heard you in Cassie's room." He said.

"You did?"

"Come on. I got ears like an elephant. I was a second away from running in there with a baseball bat before I made out your voice."

Y/N softly chuckled. Scott rested his hands on his waist.

"Where have you been?"

"Like I said when I texted you...I'm doing something. Nothing bad or anything...but something that will help us."

Scott wasn't sure what to think. Y/N could read the confusion on his face.

"Is—Is this about the bills you saw? Y/N...you don't need to be doing whatever you're doing just to make my situation better. I can handle it."