🪺 Bird's nest 🪺

As you sit on your nest getting ready to go to sleep you feel the tree shake. You sigh knowing who it is. "Miguel." The neighbor's orange cat, coming over again to threaten to eat you. Again.

"Hey there, ave" you hop up on the edge of your nest. "What now? Are you going to destroy my nest again?" He laughs and shakes his head. "Oh I wouldn't dream of it. I actually came to warn you."

"Warn me? Of what?"

"There is going to be a storm here." You raise your non existent eyebrow. "Uh huh."

"I'm being serious ave. Can't you see the clouds?" You look up and notice that they are darker than usual. "Why are you warning me?"

"Well, because I won't see you tomorrow."

"Why not just kill me like you promised?"

"That wouldn't be fun now would it?" You sigh and look back up. "Alright I'll go... You're pretty high up here huh?" He looks down and quickly laches onto the branch. "Goddamnit!!!"

"Why do you keep climbing up here if you know you can't climb down."

"Shut up ave! Knock on their window!"

"Hmm? Why should I? Maybe if I leave you here during the storm you'd die and I wouldn't have to worry about an annoying cat coming to threaten me almost daily."

"Tch! I'm sorry ok! Is that what you wanted to hear? Por favor just throw a pebble or something!"

"Don't cats have 9 lives?" You get off the branch and fly up a bit. "That's a myth! Just please! Ok? You owe me! I warned you!"

You roll your eyes and sigh. "Fine, but only this time and only because there is a storm coming." He lets out a sigh of relief "gracias ave, I owe you!"

You throw some pebbles and until the little girl turns to look at the tree. "Dad!" The girl yells. You fly back up to Miguel and salute, as you flight away to safety.