Alexia Putellas

Im backkkk

"Hey mi amor." I heard as I opened the door back home. Last night was the ballon d'or ceremony an I won somehow. I have no idea how as I was up against Aitana but I did. Alexia couldn't go because she was still having some therapy on her leg but she phoned me before and after it.

"Hi Ale." I whispered as I walked into her open arms. Alexia is always comfy and warm which is what you want in the winter. "I missed you soooo much."

Alexia let out a little laugh before poking my cheek lightly, "aww, did my baby miss me?"

"Shut up it's not funny. I was away for like a whole two days just doing meetings and stuff it was horrendous." 

"You're moving up in football (Y/n/n), people are starting to appreciate you for you. People all around the world who never knew your name before will starting chanting it like they do at camp nou" She paused for a moment before continuing. "Also, don't feel bad for Aitana, you both deserved it but you've worked way to hard for this. Don't let you guilt ruin it for you."

I let out a small smile, tears beginning to grow. I don't know why Ale's words affect me so much but they just do. She always knows what to say. She always knows how I feel. I suppose thats what I love about her.

"I know I shouldn't but she worked just as-"

"Im going to stop you there for you say something I will make your regret saying, plus Tana already sent me a text telling me to not let you feel bad about it." Before I could even reply Ale showed the messages so I couldn't argue against it.

Then I was very quickly dragged to the back garden as Ale didn't have a 'training buddy' while at home and wanted to practice. Does it matter that I am hungover from celebrating last night? No. Does it matter if I just got off a plane? Also no.

"Come on more training, no days of for a ballon d'or winner." Alexia joked, this is her way of saying now she's got something to actually make me do extra training which I somehow managed to get out of before. Now on the other hand? Not a chance.

I groaned before slowly walking out the door at the pace of a snail. Alexia didn't like this so she grabbed my arm and practically dragged me outside.

"Do I have to Ale? I want to go to sleep." I complained.

"Yes we have to, we all need to keep our form up and you wouldn't need sleep if you slept last night and didn't get super drunk instead."

"How do you know I got drunk?"

"Tana called me saying you wouldn't go inside the house after the ceremony so I FaceTimed you, also even if I didn't I can see right now that you're hungover. You've got your hungover face on."

I scrunched my face up, "I don't have a hungover face."

"Whatever you say mi amor. Whatever you say."

Alexia made us do a few drill that included dribbling and shooting, we also tried on the line passing because why not. We also have to do a TikTok about it at the club soon so think of it as a little extra practice.

"(Y/n/n), how did you find the ceremony anyway?" Alexia asked when we took a break during our  'small' training session.

"It was different. It was big and fancy and nerve-racking. I didn't think I would get the award, you know that right? There are so many others who have more experience than me and are overall better players than me. When they called out my name I felt like I froze for a second, then I felt Tana push me forward but I sort of wanted to act like I wasn't there."

"You nervous? never." Alexia joked for a second before turning serious. "I felt like that when I won mine, it gets easier and as for 'others who are better than you.' They aren't, they might have more experience but the ballon d'or is for the worlds best and right now that is you. You (Y/n/n) have worked hard for this and shouldn't let your brain get the better of that."

Well. That felt like a slight scolding in a way. I don't know why it surprises me, Ale always does this when I 'overthink' or something. 

"Well La Reina, soon I'll have more than you. I'm coming for the title." I joked back which caused her to laugh.

"You can try and fail, I'm forever la Reina and you la princesa."

"Your words were I am the 'best in the world' right now. is that wrong?" I say, a smile growing on my face.

"Don't use my words against me mi amor. You have a while to get wise yet." We both let out a small laugh, sat on the grass in the sunny weather or Barcelona. 

"This is only your beginning (Y/n/n), your so much more than what others see."