4: Ethics and Morality

—————/ Rimuru POV /—————

I'm still the king of another country! Tempest is probably worried sick about what's happened to me. But it should be fine because I think I can still summon demons like Diablo or Veldora if things really get out of hand.

These spiders were easy prey. Everyone's pretty good at what they do. This attack force reminds me of Benimaru and the kijin back home, each of them specializing in a different style.

I do wonder, why is Ciel so dubious of this attack force? Hwang Dongsuk seems like a genuinely normal, maybe even a nice guy, however his offer of over 2 million won for basically standing around is admittedly doubtful.

All the ants were taken care of. We had a small celebration before proceeding forward. Hwang Dongsuk had a little chat with me, so I told him that I was a combat medic with a little fighting experience.

We noticed that a couple of ants had bite marks, which indicated that there was a stronger monster within.

We reach a large open area, blue sparkles were seen by all, surrounding the entirety of the space and reflected off the eyes of everyone.

"J-Jackpot!"

"Mana crystals!?"

"How many are there!?"

Everyone was flabbergasted by the scene before them. I don't have too much context so Ciel filled me in.

Rimuru: 'One-One million yen!?!?!'

Well, thank goodness no one heard my internal exclamation, they would've immediately started asking questions and I don't want to deal with that right now.

I watched Jinho talk to Jinwoo for a little bit. Jinho carried the contract and asked Dongsuk to clarify on dividing the mana crystals and that Jinwoo should be entitled to his portion.

Dongsuk: "Of course we're splitting it evenly, I know that well... But, there is something to take care of before that."

He looked up at a giant spider; the dungeon boss. Ciel says I can take it out effortlessly so I'm not that worried. What I'm actually worried about is Dongsuk and his group, they all had a slightly grim expression when Jinho pointed the contract details to him.

Dongsuk: "Chul-Jin, have you brought the equipment?"

Chul-Jin: "Sorry, who would expect there to be mana crystals in a C-Rank dungeon? I left all the mining gear in the car."

That's how it went. What a load of nonsense. You have two pickaxes, could at least get started now! They're definitely trying to get us killed or something. No, wait. Maybe they really did just forget something.

They told us to guard the area, walked out and tried to reassure us that they'll return and that the spider won't attack if we don't disturb it. Dongsuk even pulled the experience card and said that I'm a decent combat medic so it's fine.

As they reached a sizeable distance, Kyuhwan turned around and fired some magic. The roof collapsed, boulders and rocks tumbled down and blocked off the exit.

I take back what I said about Dongsuk, he really is a sleazy, greedy and wicked just like Falmuth's king; Edmaris.

The explosion rocked the cave. The spider had woken from its slumber, a predator fuelled and ready for another hunt. It stared at us, decided that we will be its snack. Jinho readied his sword and shield, quaking in his boots like jelly. Jinwoo looked at me and then at the spider. He took a step forward. Then another. He approached the creature and took a dagger out. I understood that he wanted to test his strength against this creature, and see how much he's improved.