8: Job Change

—————/ Jinwoo POV /—————

I comprehended what Rimuru said, but it still sounds so dubious. Is it an ability of his? That has never happened before, and that alone probably makes him worth billions, if not trillions.

Rimuru: "Yep! So you see, I have the ability to create dungeons."

Jinho: "You what?! But that must make you one of the most valued hunters! Potentially above S-Ranks!"

Jinwoo: "... Can you create an S-Rank dungeon?"

Rimuru: "Yeah, sure can!"

His face is as smug as ever. He knows exactly what I want and I hate his pesky smirk so very much.

Jinho: "Wait, if you can create dungeons then that means you're responsible for dungeons around the world?"

Rimuru: "No, unlike normal dungeons, I can manipulate mine, so its monsters, rank, what can enter and exit."

Jinwoo: "You're basically saying you can lock whoever's in the dungeon anytime, and you can destroy a country with dungeon breaks."

Jinho: "Then that would make Rimuru a... National Level Hunter!"

Rimuru: "Relax! I wouldn't ever do something like that! Besides, I'm sure you can take care of it Jinwoo."

He looks at me, all rainbows and sunshine like he's made a profit from an investment. I've barely killed the Cerberus in the Demon Castle, and even after the levelling up, Rimuru's still out of reach. I mentally clenched my fists in frustration.

Jinwoo: "Okay, then create a-"

???: "Hunter Sung Jinwoo."

I turn towards a man with a white shirt and a black tie. He is accompanied by another man with a similar getup.

???: "Nice to meet you. I'm the chief of the second department of management at the White Tiger Guild."

Jinwoo: "White Tiger Guild?"

He hands me a business card, which I take and read. Ahn Sangmin, huh.

???: "Hunter Rimuru Tempest, I would also like to speak with you."

Rimuru takes the business card he hands to him disinterestedly.

Rimuru: "So anyways Jinwoo, you want to meet up with this guy first?"

Jinwoo: "Sure, whatever."

We head over to a coffee shop and sit at a round table. I lean back on my chair. Rimuru drinks a cup of coffee. The man who invited us readies a document and places it in front of him.

???: "So allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Ahn Sangmin, chief of the second department of management at the White Tiger Guild. Pleased to meet you. I'll get straight to the point."

—————/ Rimuru POV /—————

What's with this guy? I just wanted to do some raiding with Sung Jinwoo so I can maybe check out the full scope of his abilities. But, I've got to say this is interesting. I never knew that Jinho paid 50 million won to Jinwoo. That's a lot of money! What is he gonna even do with all that?! I should ask him for some. Wait, nevermind I could just ask Ciel.

Ciel: 'That's an irresponsible usage of my powers. Master should get money himself and stop being lazy.'

Rimuru: 'Oh quit it Ciel, it won't cause some mass inflation or whatever since nobody will know!'

Ciel: '.....'

Well anyways, the chat is going nowhere. Jinwoo just cut the man's left cheek and offered to sell some C-Rank dungeons for 200 million each. I'm guessing he got the [Stealth] skill from that Kang guy. I think he shivered when he saw me looking right at him even when he was invisible.

Me and Jinwoo leave the coffee shop and parted ways. He's probably off to do something weird again like raiding a special dungeon.

———/ One Job Changing Session Later /———
———————/ Jinwoo POV /————————

I gaze up to the verdant mountain range and bathe in the warm light of the sun. It's refreshing, not like the scorching heat from the penalty zone. I close my eyes and think about my new job.

Rimuru: "Watcha thinking about?"

Jinwoo: "Tch! Rimuru!"

Rimuru: "Yeah that's me!"

Jinwoo: "Why are you here?"

Rimuru: "Oh nothing, just curious about your new abilities and denser shadow."

What? Don't tell me this is another of his schemes. Did he create that dungeon? How did he already guess I'd be here? Let alone that I was getting new abilities! Does he know about my job?

Rimuru: "Hey, hey, no need to get so tense. You don't really need to tell me anything because- "

Jinwoo: "You already know everything."

Rimuru: "Well..." It's actually Ciel and she told me, but not everything to make it a surprise.

Jinwoo: "Now can you pester off? I want to go home and have a rest."

Rimuru: "Yes, yes of course. But could you tell me what your abilities are at least?"

I smirk. Looks like maybe he doesn't know everything. Feels good to be on the upper hand for once.

Rimuru: "So I can confirm if your job really is a Necromancer."

Jinwoo: "Geh!"

Was he baiting me? I thought he doesn't know everything! Rimuru, that tricky bastard.

Rimuru: "Ohhhh! I get it now! That's why your shadow was a bit more denser than usual and why you seem a bit stronger!"

Jinwoo: "Krk! Just.. a bit?"

Rimuru: "So what did you call your new subordinates that you caught? Or maybe it's raised from the dead. Yeah, that's more appropriate."

Jinwoo: "It's name is... Oh who am I kidding, why would I tell you that? In fact, why would I tell you anything? I didn't even say I was a necromancer!"

Rimuru: "That's a pretty long name."

Jinwoo: "........"

Rimuru: "Oh, it's not? Hah, don't worry I'm just joking. But you pretty much admitted you were a necromancer."

Jinwoo: "... Can you shoo now? Learnt everything now haven't you?"

Rimuru: "Not really but-"

I glare at him with my glowing blue eyes. He looks back with his bright golden eyes. How unique. I never noticed before, but his eyes are gold. That's not normal. What am I saying, he's not a normal person, even in the current circumstances of monsters and demons.

I walk away and head back to my apartment. I'm exhausted from all that fighting. Igris really was strong. I'm glad he became my subordinate.