Initiation of intimacy

Bắt đầu từ đầu

During a lull in conversation as they awaited their ordered dishes, Nattawat's attention was drawn to a trio of approaching figures. As they drew nearer, he recognized them instantly: Chimon, Ohm, and Nanon—his schoolmates. Though acquainted, their relationship lacked the depth of camaraderie, primarily due to their penchant for teasing the designer about his passion for fashion design, often labeling it as "girly." Jirochtikul felt a pang of apprehension, realizing it was too late to shield them from an introduction to his boss. Anticipating an uncomfortable exchange, he braced himself for what he feared would be an unpleasant conversation.

- Fourth, how long haven't we seen you! Many years, old friend. - Ohm, the eldest of the three arrivals, exclaimed as they exchanged greetings.

- Indeed, many years. - The designer muttered, forcing a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, a gesture not lost on his partner, who immediately noticed the insincerity.

- How's life treating you? Have you finally achieved those childhood dreams of yours? And do you have a girlfriend now? - Nanon bombarded him with questions, wearing a broad smile.

- Sorry to interrupt, but I'd like to properly introduce myself since you and Fourth are acquainted. I'm Gemini, his fiancée. - Norawit announced, rising from his seat and crossing his arms. The three men now wore expressions of shock on their faces. Titicharoenrak was a widely recognized figure, considered a role model, and his successes were closely followed by the media.

- Fiancé? Did he force you into it or something? - Korapat laughed sarcastically.

- Why would such a wonderful person ever force me into anything? I've never met someone as talented and kind-hearted as him. Since you know him, you probably understand the kind of person he is, right? - Gemini continued without taking his eyes off Nattawat. The designer was touched by his words, so he placed his hand on Norawit's, silently thanking him.

- It's hard to believe. - Chimon laughed insincerely. - But maybe we can reminisce about old times and have lunch together? - He added.

- Forgive us, but we're on a date, and I'm not particularly keen on sharing. - Titicharoenrak replied with a smile, attempting to remain calm despite sensing the insincere intentions of the group and their impact on his partner. He aimed to diffuse the situation politely, avoiding unnecessary conversations.

- A date, oh right. Fourth, I see you chose a rich guy over your dream career. Expected and not surprised. - Pawat turned to the designer, grinning. - You always had a 'passion for glass'. - He added sarcastically.

- Ohm, spare me your lectures about glass pushing, wannabe actor. I won't be provoked, so let's end this meeting. My love life is flourishing, I've pursued my dreams wholeheartedly, and financial stability is no concern of mine. I don't need to rely on others for material possessions like some people do. Now, if you'll excuse us, we'd like to continue our date without any third parties. It was nice talking to you. - The youngest concluded, smiling insincerely and giving his former colleagues a hard look. Nanon snorted under his breath, and without another word, he turned on his heel to leave the restaurant, followed by the other two.

- Would you prefer not to discuss it? - Norawit inquired with gentle concern.

- Let's grab a bite first, and then I'll fill you in. They're not worth our energy. - The younger man remarked, waving his hand dismissively and letting out a deep sigh.

After lengthy conversations and several bottles of wine in their hotel room, Nattawat was on the brink of sleepiness. It felt as though he had divulged every story of his life to the elder while they indulged in their drinks. Gemini, too, spared no anecdotes. If they managed to recall everything the next day, their mutual understanding of each other would reach its pinnacle.