S1 EP 9: Desperation

'A lot of drivers still don't know where they'll be next year.' Jennie Gow said,

'Most teams have now secured one of their drivers, there are still a lot of insecurities.' Chris Medland said.

'Desperation is starting to creep in.' Will Buxton said.

'I've tried really hard, and I am not giving up. This car is close to un-drivable.' Oscar Piastri said.

'Lando has a better car whilst Piastri had a car that wasn't better in any way. You could ask why Lando, the one finishing last through half the season is being prioritized above the rookie who scored all the points until Lando got his better car.' Will Buxton said.

'I don't understand why he has already signed a contract whilst I haven't had anything put on the table.' Oscar Piastri said to the interviewer with a poker face.

'Not having a contract by now is very scary, there are some reserve drivers who have really set the bar for what a driver should be able to achieve. Not achieving that could mean losing your seat to a reserve driver.' Jennie Gow said.

'Everyone basically knows Nyck de Vries should be on the grid next season. The question is will he just join the new eleventh team coming or will he really take someone's seat, the pressure is on.' Will Buxton said.

'Since his departure from Alpha Tauri Nyck hasn't made a single appearance yet, the FIA have confirmed he is next on the list though, which means he may make an appearance in one of the final races this season. What he does there can bring more teams over the edge to sign him, as no one knows how Nyck's physical AND mental health has been like since getting kicked out.' Jennie Gow said.

'The pressure does not just lie with Piastri, Valterri and Kevin. Yuki, Logan, George, Esteban AND Carlos Sainz are all still fighting for their seats. This chaos going into the final five races will really impact both championships.' Chris Medland said.

'It's frustrating, contracts being signed all around you and you don't know where you'll be.' Logan Sargeant said. 'It's been a very difficult first season for me personally. Haven't been able to pull the results together like Alex has. The team says they believe in me and want to sign me, I'm still doubting what to sign.'

'In this sport you'll always have the thriving drivers who won't ever need to worry about their contract. If they want to leave the team they won six championships with and move to a team that is known for giving depression to many great driver, they could. They can do whatever they want.' Will Buxton said with a cheeky smile on his face. 'Many drivers aren't so lucky though. If they want to leave their teams they can only hope a team will take them. That pressure brings a lot of mistakes as well.'

'My new car is a lot better then my previous one, got a very special result with it.' Logan told the interviewer.

'CARLOS SAINZ GETS A CRUCIAL PENALTY, Logan Sargeant is promoted to the podium!' The DTS commentator said excitedly.

'LET'S GO! AWESOME!' Logan said.

'We really want to keep Logan, but we have one more issue.' James Vowles, Williams team principal said.

'James has taken this huge opportunity to lead Williams after years of experience with another big team, and no one is complaining about him.' Will Buxton said.

'He has made crucial changes within the team that is now helping the team fight the team James came from, Mercedes.' Jennie Gow said.

'Mercedes have a real problem themselves in the form of George Russell, he's really holding the team back in the constructors championship, and it's not like the team haven't given him opportunities to improve.' Chris Medland said.