Bucky & His Husband helping their mutant son

Start from the beginning

"And whatever is going to happen, you're a good person." Bucky assures. "And we will forever love you." He put a hand on the upset teen's shoulder. "How about you take a shower and calm down? Me and your dad will think about what the best solution is."

Without a respond, Jamie stands up and walks away. Once he's upstairs, both man stand up, looking stress and know the solution doesn't come easy.

"You think SHIELD will know what happened?"

"Without a doubt." Bucky frowns, making Y/N sadden.

"They can't take him away. Surely, they think it's an accident."

"Someone died." James repeats the bad news. "Someone's son died. There is no way he can get away with this without an issue." Y/N looks stunned, looking afraid. "I think the best thing for all of us is to get to SHIELD, realized this is an accident that is caused by a minor, and help us out with his powers."

Y/N doubts that is the best, but it's not like he got another option. "They won't take him away from us?"

"We say for his mental health it's best if he stays with us. We can't afford him to get any more upset, since we don't know how his powers work." Bucky walks over to Y/N to hug him tightly. He gives a kiss on the cheek. "Whatever is going to happen, he stays with us. I promise."

-

Ever since that day, times has been tough. After convincing Jamie, they got to SHIELD and discussed what's the best. That's when the plan came Jamie enrolls in SHIELDs academy as a special student, where he learns to control his powers, as well his normal education. He as well needs to stay there from Monday through Friday. Feeling like this is the best offer they got without the risk of Jamie being send to some kind of special juvi, the three accepted after thinking it through.

It was hard at first. Bucky watches his husband looking empty since the day Jamie left. Even though they can visit him and have him stay over for the weekends, it's hard. Bucky tries his best to remain a sturdy rock for the family to lean on. It took some weeks for Y/N to accept the situation and be okay with the fact Jamie is properly being taken care of by SHIELD.

Weeks has passed since the incident. Without even realizing it, Thanksgiving came, and thus Jamie is free to stay with his family. The day is almost there for him to leave, making Y/N quiet excited to see him. Bucky feels the same way and is prepared to make the day a special one. Thus, he's currently grocery shopping with his friend, Sam.

"Isn't that a lot of beer?"

"Well, since Steve and I can't get drunk, I think we will be fine." Bucky says as he and Sam walk through the store. "Besides, this isn't just for us. I'm planning to give Jamie his first beer. I know the age for booze is 21, but we allow him one."

"You're way too sweet on the kid." Sam smirks. "You know Steve would just scold you once he finds out."

"Last time I check, Jamie isn't his son." Bucky really doesn't care if someone judges him for giving his son one beer. "I won't let that stop us for having a great thanksgiving."

Sam looks a bit awkward. He remembers the promise he made with Bucky's family to have their family, meaning his sister and her kids, meet up and spend Thanksgiving together. "I've been meaning to talk you about that..."

"What's wrong? Scared of a good night?"

"No." Bucky feels concerned when Sam sounds serious. "I think it's better we don't spend Thanksgiving together... for at least this year."